Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I currently have the blackberry 8700 and am thinking of going to the Pearl. I ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

imwillzillla no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2038A4B8

Is the Pearl an Upgrade?

Advertisement

I currently have the blackberry 8700 and am thinking of going to the Pearl. I had the 7100 so suretype wasn't a problem for me at all and I kind of like it. Just wondering is there any real benefits going to the pear outside of the camera? Or am I getting the same thing with different looks?

Einherjer no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: Is the Pearl an Upgrade?

Camera, video player, MP3 player, smaller and sleek design.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ You will also get storage space for songs and short media clips. Its much smaller than the 7100 series (I used the 7100t and a 7105t previously). And instead of the trackwheel, you now have a trackball similar to one found in a mouse.

ericshmerick no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    32B9FC53

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I'd say same thing, suretype, snaller screen (portrait). I'd get a Pearl today if Sprint had it.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Will. The pearl is def an upgrade from the 8700. Expandable media slot and camera alone is an upgrade.

SuzzyP no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Will, I am in the same boat with a 8700 which I totally love... But with the camera and video capabilities as well as the expandable memory card you can't not consider the pearl an upgrade.... I'm upgrading in the next 2 weeks myself.... Hope you take the step.... You won't be dissappointed.

PIN/ID
    2038A4B8

Thanks guys for all your helpful feedback. I think i'm going to aim for the Pear and probably sell my used 8700 on Ebay. Thanks again.

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo
    The pearl is def an upgrade from the 8700.
    Right -- the Pearl's full qwerty counterpart is the 8800. The 8700 is a prior-generation model (and the 7130 is its SureType counterpart).

rdills no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~wait for the 8320! Its the pearl with a bigger screen and even more features.

PIN/ID
    2038A4B8

Got the Pearl and I love it soo far *Knocks on wood* Took one night to download all the maps and the Suretype is going to take some getting used to even though I used the 7100. I thought the transition would be more difficult.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ My only problem with the transition from the 7100 series to the Pearl was the difference in the keyboard. The keys around the trackball(send and end) are larger than my 7100t keys. I had the 7105t in between but due to defects in 2 devices back to back I no longer own this model. That's why I mention the 7100t.

But having to type with the letter keys which are about half the size of those on the 7100t took a week to get used to (2 days after I got the thing I almost called TMobile and demanded another 7105t). This coming from an experienced SureType user LOL

PIN/ID
    2038A4B8

Got the Pearl and I love it soo far *Knocks on wood* Took one night to download all the maps and the Suretype is going to take some getting used to even though I used the 7100. I thought the transition would be more difficult.

wxboss no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    21DA38F3

The only real downsides I see from the 8700 to 8100 is a smaller screen, no trackwheel (which some prefer) and not having a full qwerty keypad. I didn't have any real problems with those compromises (if you want to call them that) when I got my Pearl.

I love the darned thing!

PIN/ID
    2038A4B8

The adding Videos to the Pearl is great. And the transition to the trackball is great. I still haven't put my 8700 up on Ebay because it keeps calling me. Smaller screen doesn't bother me. It's a smaller phone so it's to be expected. To answer is it really an upgrade. I don't think so completely. It's not like it works faster or better. It's just basically a smaller 8700 with a camera and video.

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by rdills
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~wait for the 8320! Its the pearl with a bigger screen and even more features.
    An 83XX is not a Pearl. Pearls are SureType devices. There are now 3 lines being released by RIM:

81XX
    83XX
    88XX

They're all distinct lines.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast