Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I just got my 8703e (Verizon) this week. I have to say... it is quite ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

dallaspunk no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs up Re: is the 8703e for verizon a good phone?

Advertisement

I just got my 8703e (Verizon) this week. I have to say... it is quite a step up from my 7100i!!!! It took me a while, but I even figured out how to create my own mp3 ringtones and download them to my phone! (it took a while to figure out...)

The only downfalls I see are the GPS problem stated above, and the fact that they haven't come out with a 4.2 OS for the phone, which makes it impossible to use the Roxio Media Manager.... which would be a nice thing to be able to use!

shotwell no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: is the 8703e for verizon a good phone?

I love my 8703e from Verizon too. My only wishes:
    1. Camera phone or at least the ability to receive MMS messages from others who have cam phones
    2. More memory (I don't care about listening to mp3's but the sound quality is so good that I once filled up my device with mp3 ringtones before I knew it...had a bunch of ebooks taking up space too so I'm more judicious now.)
    3. Picture caller-ID. But then, no Blackberry has this without a 3rd party app
    4. An upgrade to OS 4.2, since some software (like Ascendo Photos, which would solve the photo caller I'd issue) don't have all the features when running in OS 4.1

That said, here's what I love about the 8703:

* Call reception and clarity
    * Web surfing
    * Wide variety of apps (I used to use a Treo, but since Viigo, FlexWallet, Google Maps, InfoSpace and Mobipocket Reader are all available for the Blackberry, I have quit using my formerly-beloved Treo 700w)
    * great keyboard
    * fast data access on VZW
    * mp3 ringtone capability
    * it's super-reliable and stable

There's really very little *not* to like about the 8703.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12