jeremyjojo, Welcome to PinStack.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ Hi jeremy, welcome. I would go to www.tuneusin.com and click on requests. Ask them if they can get it for you.

peterd no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    217B67C1
    a great site that i use is streamload (google it, as i cant post url's lol). the free level account gives 25gb of storage, and thats a ton of ringers and wallpapers and what not lol. i also use Audacity to trim ringers and make then 64kbps, mono, 44khz. hope this helps anyone

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    peterd, Welcome to PinStack.

Thanks for sharing this information. Let us know if there is anything we can do to help with your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer

tigerbeat no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    32BOBF7B
    ok, i give up. i have an 8703e and i'm trying to get an MP3 on to it for my ringtone. I went to Audacity and cut the file so that it would be small enough. I went to coolservice.dk but it won't let me upload it (the file limit is 512k and mine is 373kb) i even opened up an Gmail account and tried to send it to myself that way. i can't get it on my phone to save my life! can anyone help me? and don't use big words because i'm not that computer savvy. thanks!!

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    tigerbeat, Welcome to PinStack.

Sounds like you have tried everything. Did the Coolservice site give a reason for not letting you upload it? Any Error? When you sent it to gmail, did you go the the gmail website with your Internet Browser?

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer

tigerbeat no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    32BOBF7B
    Rcbjr

Thanks for the reply. The message from coolservice was "can not upload file" and that's all it said. And yes, I tried it through the Internet browser on my BB. Weird, huh? I don't know what else to do!! :-(

Does anyone else have any idea?

aquariuss no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23dbb5ed
    I have a bunch of ringtones and graphics made but I can't post the link since I'm not at level 2 on here yet...once I hit that level I'm sharing them all.
    OmeO

PIN/ID
    3056468b
    Hi aquarius, go ahead an put the link in your post, for example wwwdotpinstackdotcom, and a mod will go in and edit it.

I also wanted to let you guys know if you have any questions about ringtones uploading, downloading or creating feel free to pm me.

PIN/ID
    3056468b
    Quote Originally Posted by tigerbeat
    Rcbjr

Thanks for the reply. The message from coolservice was "can not upload file" and that's all it said. And yes, I tried it through the Internet browser on my BB. Weird, huh? I don't know what else to do!! :-(

Does anyone else have any idea?
    Hi buddy, was talking to you on pm. I would like to help you get your situation solved.

What are the settings to your ringer.

kbps?
    channel?
    file size?
    file type?
    length of ringer?

All of the preceeding matter in the creation of ringtones. Let me know and I can help you further.

Here are the perfect settings, if you ask me...
    192kbps
    stereo
    500kb
    mp3
    30 seconds

All of those settings can be controlled if you download dbpoweramp convertor.

wckees no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    32B24357

Re: Installing MP3 Ringtones OTA websites

I've uploaded my ringtone to the coolservice website and when I tried to download it I can't get outside of my company's proxy. I also can't access gmail or any other external mailbox from my BB's browser. I have the file saved locally on my computer. Is there anyway to get it on my BB from there?

howiet4702 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24AAA6BE

Quote Originally Posted by cp6169
    Hi aquarius, go ahead an put the link in your post, for example wwwdotpinstackdotcom, and a mod will go in and edit it.

I also wanted to let you guys know if you have any questions about ringtones uploading, downloading or creating feel free to pm me.
    I was going to PM you but I can't being that I don't have 10 posts. My question is how big can the mp3 file be to download for a ringer, I found a sopranos one for my 8700 but it was like 630k. What is a max you can download? Also, if it is too big, can you somehow reduce it?

Thanks!

Howie

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

howiet4702, Welcome to PinStack.

The forums are better than PMs for questions. Any of the Staff that you might try to contact just may not be available to respond quickly.

As to you question, If I remember right, though it may have changed since I last tried, 500K was about the limit. As to the converter check the link in post # 40 of this thread (Two above yours).

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with this problem or your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer

PIN/ID
    3056468b

Quote Originally Posted by wckees
    I've uploaded my ringtone to the coolservice website and when I tried to download it I can't get outside of my company's proxy. I also can't access gmail or any other external mailbox from my BB's browser. I have the file saved locally on my computer. Is there anyway to get it on my BB from there?
    Welcome to pinstack. Do you have internet on your BB? You can click the link in my signature that says "Request Ringers Here", or you can visit http://www.mobile41.com/bbringtones.htm.

You can also try this... http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ones+data+plan

PIN/ID
    3056468b

Quote Originally Posted by howiet4702
    I was going to PM you but I can't being that I don't have 10 posts. My question is how big can the mp3 file be to download for a ringer, I found a sopranos one for my 8700 but it was like 630k. What is a max you can download? Also, if it is too big, can you somehow reduce it?

Thanks!

Howie
    I have put about 550k on my BB, but the frequency was quite low. The best setting would be 160kbps, about 30 seconds long and 480-500kb.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast