hey guys, i have the 8700g, and its new, i had another 8700g and it ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

christos007 no está en línea Stack level 1

incoming call trouble

Advertisement

hey guys, i have the 8700g, and its new, i had another 8700g and it broke because i dropped it so i had backed up the phone and all i did was switch sims and it works..but the thing is, sometimes when someone from my address book calls me, sometimes the name comes up and other times just the number comes up...any reason why its doing that??

Justyn no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    n/a
    Does that problem occur for the same person?
    (Example, Joe calls you at 8:45am and shows his name, then later calls you at 1230pm and shows his number)

Or is it different for different people?
    It's not an iPhone addiction, it's insomnia!

christos007 no está en línea Stack level 1
    well thats what happens but with different people too, not the same one...

Justyn no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    n/a
    Are all your contacts listed in your sim card or device memory?

In your Contacts, do you have your contact numbers listed with the area code or without?
    It's not an iPhone addiction, it's insomnia!

Quote Originally Posted by christos007 View Post
    hey guys, i have the 8700g, and its new, i had another 8700g and it broke because i dropped it so i had backed up the phone and all i did was switch sims and it works..but the thing is, sometimes when someone from my address book calls me, sometimes the name comes up and other times just the number comes up...any reason why its doing that??
    Generally it's because the phone numbers don't match the contact. For example, on your phone memory the number will be listed as 1-915-123-4567, but when a call comes in from that person the number reported is 915-123-4567. The handheld doesn't recognize the number and shows the number instead of the contact name. Another reason could be that the SIM card contacts have not been "loaded", so it may be a person that is on your SIM but not in your phone memory. There's probably some other possibilities -