I have a Blackberry 8700c. Please help. I've been at this for hours! I have ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

picturegirl no está en línea Stack level 1

Incoming Call Display ID

Advertisement

I have a Blackberry 8700c. Please help. I've been at this for hours! I have several numbers listed for one contact...work, home, mobile, etc. When they call me, the Incoming Call Display does not show whether they are calling from their work, home, mobile, etc. I used to have the BB 7290 and it worked, but not on the 8700c. Any advice?

HeyMrRadio no está en línea Themes Pro

Re: Incoming Call Display ID

It shows by text which number they call from on my 8703. There is no icon for each number though unfortunately. Maybe someone else is having this issue but things seem fine on my end.

bbjoe no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Incoming Call Display ID

My previous phone was the original PDA phone Ericsson R380 back from 2000 and you could attach notes to the beginning or end of your contact's numbers. It also had voice memo and voice dial, IMHO if that phone could do it, this one should be able to with one hand tied behind its back.

I hate that I have to make multiple entries into my address book in order to know who is calling me from what certain phone. You can't even put a note on the tail end of the number because the BB interprets those character as numbers to be dialed therefore when the call comes in it is not recognized as a phonebook entry because the incomming caller id number does not include your additional characters.

Wish you could simply be allowed to put perhaps a semicolon to signify that a comment follows. You could then attach any text that you may find useful and have it appear whenever someone calls.