Hi, I'm curious if anyone here knows what TMobile users with 8700g (running .346 OS) ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

vickypaz no está en línea Stack level 1

Impact of North American Day Light Savings Time

Advertisement

Hi,

I'm curious if anyone here knows what TMobile users with 8700g (running .346 OS) need to do with the impact of Daylight Savings time happens in March?

If you go on the Blackberry website it mentions the impact it will have on appointments, etc. and that we'll need to add patches, etc. Yet, when I called/emailed TM they said it's just a matter of turning the phone on and off to reconnect with the tower to get the correct time.

Anybody have any thoughts on this as I don't seem to be getting clear information?

Thanks,
    Vicky

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

Re: Impact of North American Day Light Savings Time

Quote Originally Posted by vickypaz
    Hi,

I'm curious if anyone here knows what TMobile users with 8700g (running .346 OS) need to do with the impact of Daylight Savings time happens in March?

If you go on the Blackberry website it mentions the impact it will have on appointments, etc. and that we'll need to add patches, etc. Yet, when I called/emailed TM they said it's just a matter of turning the phone on and off to reconnect with the tower to get the correct time.

Anybody have any thoughts on this as I don't seem to be getting clear information?

Thanks,
    Vicky
    Short answer, your BlackBerry should be fine. If you're running any version of Desktop Manager other than 4.2, either turn of "Update date and time" under synchronize - both for PIM and Auto Start, OR update to Desktop Manager 4.2.

For full info, go to:
    http://www.blackberry.com/dst2007
    JerryD