hello everyone, i'm new to the whole blackberry world and i am having problems connecting ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

antiant no está en línea Stack level 1

IM + configuration settings help

Advertisement

hello everyone, i'm new to the whole blackberry world and i am having problems connecting successfully SHAPE'S IM + with my blackberry 8700c, i'm a cingular user (orange) and i downloaded the wap version (also tried the regular version) which one should i be downloading for the 8700c? (yes, i've read the manual, however it started talking about MobileWeb4U and hosting and i got confused so i did the wap version instead) why would i want to pay for hosting every month, that sounds ridiculous to me? isn't this suppose to be free? At any rate, i tried to connect the trial version (which is free of course) and couldn't get a connection? Tried the autoconfigurator and that didn't work as well, what exactly am i doing wrong here? I'd really appreciate the patience and possibly a "real" step to step "how-to" on how to do this even if it's "simple" ...i'm new and this is a bit overwhelming, especially if this is your first blackberry device...also i tried to "delete" IM+ and try re-downloading it, however IM+ still showed on my device, sorry if this is long, but i'm really needing some help here and to anyone who will help me out, thanks in advance i appreciate it

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Re: IM + configuration settings help

Are you on BES? Or you purchased you BB privately? If private and non BES then download the WAP version. Make sure in options / TCP you have to correct APN setting. You can find the APN for your carrier by clicking search in these forums and typing APN.

Welcome to Pinstack.com!

antiant no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: IM + configuration settings help

thanks, i already figured it out, i went to the blackberryforums they seem to answer quicker there and are more active, than here, but thanks for the welcome and trying to help me out