Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hey all, I tried the unlimited data plan. and it really does nothing for me. ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

blondee028 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23F0E835

I tried unlimited data, getting rid of it>

Advertisement

Hey all,
    I tried the unlimited data plan. and it really does nothing for me. I hate surfing the web on the phone. The push weather is always 6 hours behind and everything I tried to download was a flop/ for some reason opera mini woouldn't even work. I don't think its worth the extra $20 bucks a month. I guess its good for a business person but I don't think its worth it for me. Unless of course I have been doing something wrong.

BES Noob no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    just ask

Re: I tried unlimited data, getting rid of it>

Yes, for most average users unlimited data is not justifiable. For $20 I wouldn't take it away. If you take the internet away that means no more email, BB messenger, and any other freedom that applies to internet usage. Before I was with my company I had a BB and I have to admit that was a lot of phone for me back then. I would also say that for most people it is also a lot of phone for most people. Before jumping off the BB wagon. I would at least try upgrading your device and trying the internet on the new device and you can see difference is definitely night and day between an 8700 to a lot of these new BB's of today. The roller wheel is definitely behind the times.

beja no está en línea Stack level 3

I have a VZW plan, and after the discount I receive from work, it's only $5 difference between the two. I probably don't need that, but for me, the $60 a year provides peace of mind that I'll never have to worry about overages. You know that they prey upon that exact fear.

nikonianmike no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2440425B

I love the data plan. The BB messaging is awesome and for work, people send me links and I have to check them out while on the road. I have also been able to book jobs which have brought in much more money. In my field I have to work quick though. If you aren't using it for business, it is still a good way to kill time on the train or while waiting for an appointment. I wouldn't drop it.

mrmoe no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask

A BB without data is like a car with no wheels. You really should reconsider or try another device like Curve.
    Of all the things I lost, I miss my mind the most.
    | The DarkSide of PinStack | FAQ | Downloads |

cwax no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    32DEF7BB

Quote Originally Posted by mrmoe View Post
    A BB without data is like a car with no wheels. You really should reconsider or try another device like Curve.
    Well said!

HeyMrRadio no está en línea Themes Pro

Blondee, you sound like someone who has never used messenger

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Quote Originally Posted by blondee028 View Post
    Hey all,
    I tried the unlimited data plan. and it really does nothing for me. I hate surfing the web on the phone. The push weather is always 6 hours behind and everything I tried to download was a flop/ for some reason opera mini woouldn't even work. I don't think its worth the extra $20 bucks a month. I guess its good for a business person but I don't think its worth it for me. Unless of course I have been doing something wrong.
    For the installation of Opera Mini to work, try going to Options>Advanced Options>TCP and entering "wap.voicestream.com" and see if that allows you to install it and other apps. Not sure about the push weather issue.

PIN/ID
    23F0E835
    No I never really did. I reconsidered I kept the unlimited data plan for a bit more, giving it another month. I took yr advice and downloaded viigo, still trying to figure that out. Going from a regular cell phone to a Bb is kinda overwhelming. I know I sound boring but I am still looking for a weather thing that will give me the temp with a icon for easy access. I am refusing to pay for any other software. But you have helped me a lot. thank you

pda.teck no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    210DAC53
    Hi Blondee, what weather Site do you use? And did you try the wap.voicestream.com for your APN to get Opera to work?

for my weather I use http://www.srh.noaa.gov/abq/firewx/fwzone_new.php?zno=106&wfo=abq this is through Opera. For your area you might try http://www.wrh.noaa.gov/vef/rwr.php?...fo=vef&pil=rwr
    J. "Wyatt" Croom
    Blackberry 8520
    Spelling doesn’t determine your I.Q.
    (\_/)
    (0_0)
    (")-(")

mrmoe no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by blondee028 View Post
    No I never really did. I reconsidered I kept the unlimited data plan for a bit more, giving it another month. I took yr advice and downloaded viigo, still trying to figure that out. Going from a regular cell phone to a Bb is kinda overwhelming. I know I sound boring but I am still looking for a weather thing that will give me the temp with a icon for easy access. I am refusing to pay for any other software. But you have helped me a lot. thank you
    BBWeather is a nice little app for weather.

http://blackberrytools.sourceforge.n.../BBWeather.jad
    Of all the things I lost, I miss my mind the most.
    | The DarkSide of PinStack | FAQ | Downloads |

PIN/ID
    23F0E835
    problem is with BB weather is they only show you the temp , once in the day and once in the night. It says highs aand lows..thats it

PIN/ID
    210DAC53
    I think the link I sent you in PM maybe more what you are looking for, here it is for any one else of course you have to find your own area
    http://www.wrh.noaa.gov/forecast/Map...=210&map.y=203
    J. "Wyatt" Croom
    Blackberry 8520
    (\_/)
    (0_0)
    (")-(")

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax
    Honestly, I use the browsers as little as possible on my BB. I get aggravated with the speed and some of the sites still not liking mobile devices. Opera definitely makes a big difference for some sites, though.

That being said, I wouldn't get rid of my data plan on a bet. I love the rest of what it gives me. The data plan in conjunction with the GPS makes it a useful and fun little tool sometimes. And the Email, MMS, and of course.....BBM!!!! Where else are you gonna talk to all these fine stackers?
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.

PIN/ID
    210DAC53
    I am with LaTuFu on this, I was looking fro a replacment Van recently, and the car salesman would be telling me what such and such was worth, I pull out my Curve and go to epinions.com and check it out, You wanna see a grown man cry!
    J. "Wyatt" Croom
    Blackberry 8520
    (\_/)
    (0_0)
    (")-(")

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast