I am trying to find a way to purchase 8707G Housing. I am sticking with ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

Rico5331 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question I Need The Beautiful 8707g Housing For My 8700g !!

Advertisement

I am trying to find a way to purchase 8707G Housing. I am sticking with my 8700G because I prefer the clickwheel to the trackball and mine is broken in perfectly. But, my 8700 series could benefit from a design refresh. I know I would need the 8707G complete housing because it's completely different. I have tried the usual suspects.. www.cnn.cn and ebay and cannot find any. I have even e-mailed RIM support e-mail, who referred me to the shop.blackberry.com e-mail, who referred me to try a third party vendor, but did not give a specific one. How this housing is not available directly through RIM escapes me. I did get timely responses from RIM however, too bad they were of no help. Does anyone here have any insight ?

europamo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31A51117

Re: I Need The Beautiful 8707g Housing For My 8700g !!

there are housings on the bay. alot of them

cass921 no está en línea Stack level 3

isn't that a voda phone housing? if so they are indeed all over ebay

huracan no está en línea Stack level 3

Well, almost. 8707v is vodaphone, 8707g(which the OP asks for) is really hard to find parts for. After failing myself to find the housing, I ended up trolling the ebays for hong kong, australia, UK... Countries that have it available (very expensive even used by the way) until I found a water damaged one for cheap that the seller was willing to shipp. It is a nice change from my 8703 outsides, the front styling is similar to the current line, the keys are bigger and better distributed. The only thing I didn't like was the loudspeaker cover, cheap looking. lol, the things we do when we can't afford the latest and greatest ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~