Hello, Hello to all this fabulous community It's first time I'm posting. I know, that ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

Mindaugas no está en línea Stack level 1

I need Gmail app in .alx, .cod

Advertisement

Hello,

Hello to all this fabulous community It's first time I'm posting.

I know, that there is Google's Gmail software for mobiles. And when you go to gmail.com/app via telephone's browser, it automatically finds out what is your phone's model and gives you to download a particular java Gmail application.

The problem is, that I do not have a Blackberry suscribtion in Lithuania (no providers unfortunately...) and therefore I can't connect to internet via in-build browser, nor use push-mail... so I am using Opera Mini. But when using Opera Mini, Gmail cannot recognize my telephone's model, and is asking to use in-built browser, but, as I've mentioned, I cannot.
    What I need? I just need .alx and .cod files, which compose the Gmail application for Blackberry. I've searched the net much without any result. Could you help me by somehow giving those files to me, or linking them somewhere on internet.

My phone is Blackberry 8700c.

I would be very thankful. Good luck friends

Best Regards, Mindaugas Pekarskas from Lithuania

lucky13mt no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    To use the Gmail mobile application you have to have internet service.
    BlackBerry Rocks!<-Check it out!

iapetos no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by lucky13mt View Post
    To use the Gmail mobile application you have to have internet service.
    This is not true. Gmail app (and almost every 3rd party application available) works perfectly without BIS. Of course, you will have to set up APN properly.

@ Mindaugas
    I'm attaching it for you. It's the latest version, including notifications on new mail and all that.
    Attached Files Attached Files

lucky13mt no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by iapetos View Post
    This is not true. Gmail app (and almost every 3rd party application available) works perfectly without BIS. Of course, you will have to set up APN properly.

@ Mindaugas
    I'm attaching it for you. It's the latest version, including notifications on new mail and all that.
    maybe not for your model but it is for mine. which is why i decided to get BIS in order to have access to everything. there are ways to get around it but if you want to get the most out of your bb i would suggest getting BIS and not worrying about always having to figure out workarounds...
    BlackBerry Rocks!<-Check it out!

iapetos no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by lucky13mt View Post
    maybe not for your model but it is for mine. which is why i decided to get BIS in order to have access to everything. there are ways to get around it but if you want to get the most out of your bb i would suggest getting BIS and not worrying about always having to figure out workarounds...
    That's possible of course, but it's definitely worth to give it a try if your carrier doesn't OFFER a BlackBerry plan (as seems to be the case for Mindaugas). I know for sure that this works for many (most?) people btw, so you must have been somewhat unlucky.

You're very right regarding workarounds, though. A BB without BIS/BES is definitely not the way RIM intended it to be and thus you have to find your own way around.

Personally, I will get BIS as soon as I'm allowed to change my carrier because I absolutely see the value of BB push e-mail, but I'll also be quite happy with my regular plan until then.