I had to send my phone in to be replaced due to my bb stuck ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

happy1240 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    32BD62DA

Question I have a question for anyone. . .

Advertisement

I had to send my phone in to be replaced due to my bb stuck on the hourglass because I donwloaded a 3rd party theme from here. Now I am scared to when I get my phone to download anything cause I dont want this to happen again. Is there anyway to know for sure what causes the hourglass being stuck. I downloaded a theme made for my 8703e (from download on pinstack~the snow theme) and I dont want to make the same mistake again. Verizon told me that I shouldnt download 3rd party downloads. Any help? Thanks!

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava

Re: I have a question for anyone. . .

Downloading 3rd party apps are safe as long as you are downloading the correct app for your device.
    You downloaded a theme that was probably not for your device, which therefore caused the problem that occured.
    If in doubt always ask first. Be sure you are in the correct download forum for your device before selecting the download.
    See the Official Latest OS threads updated regularly for All Devices.
    Forum Rules
    PinStack Trust Guide

PIN/ID
    32BD62DA

Thank you Lavagirl. I will definetly ask next time cause I learned my lesson. I guess if it says 8700/8000 it doesnt mean 8703 right? I think that is where I went wrong but I downloaded from there before and it worked that is why I am confused.

joewoo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    22CF1F2F

U also have to look at which os version its for... Ur os version is in options>about

4.1 / 4.2 are some examples

c1chrisc1 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23E6B92F

The same exact thing happened to me. Lucikly I posted my problem on here and someone lead me to a thread where I can reload the OS when the computer doesn't recongnize the device. I did that although I lost everything it worked.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

tai
    tai no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    304E2757

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~I can honestly say that every theme I've downloaded from www.mobile41.com has never given me a problem. Then again I've only downloaded 8703e themes.

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID

You prolly should have checked here before sending the phone back----we prolly could have helped you fix it! However, next time you connect to the computer to down load ANYTHING make sure your system is back "on" fully before unplugging it. Since you aren' tsure what happened, I would be willing to bet you unplugged it before it was fully loaded back up.
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

PIN/ID
    32BD62DA

Sashadelgado, I did post and Eddie tried to help me and he couldnt fix it but I found a thread that helped me and it is fixed now and I get to send back the refurbed phone and keep my new phone!!! Yeah!!!!