Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I have an 8703e which I put a trial of Iberry Black and Whitelist. I ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

MT
    MT no está en línea Stack level 3

I berry Black and Whitelist problems

Advertisement

I have an 8703e which I put a trial of Iberry Black and Whitelist. I can't seem to get it to work. I have made all the changes to the permissions, but it still lets my "test" calls through after a delay with a beep

Someone told me this was an 8703e problem and a fix is on the way...... anybody else hear this or have a solution? I would like to buy this ... if it works

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Re: I berry Black and Whitelist problems

iberry black and white list -- meaning a version of the iberry theme?

a theme should not fix or disable any part of your profile permissions, if that is what you are talking about...

visortgw no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by MT
    I have an 8703e which I put a trial of Iberry Black and Whitelist. I can't seem to get it to work. I have made all the changes to the permissions, but it still lets my "test" calls through after a delay with a beep

Someone told me this was an 8703e problem and a fix is on the way...... anybody else hear this or have a solution? I would like to buy this ... if it works
    Same thing happens on my 8703e using either Black & Whitelist or its successor (i,Call Manager). The developer has promised to address this, but I have not seen anything that works since I first brought it to his attention in early August. The latest "promise" is that it will be in the i,Call Manager v1.0 production release (it is in private beta as we speak after an earlier aborted public beta) on 28 October. An interesting tidbit is that the Antair Call Screener (a competing product) exhibits the same behavior on the 8703e, even though the developer claims that it was tested successfully on the device...

Hope this helps.

MT

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Have you tried the Antair on your 8703e? Man I would like to get something like this

Have you tried the Antair on your 8703e? Man I would like to get something like this
    Yes, I have -- it does the same thing as Black and Whitelist (i.e., muted beep, pause, followed by normal ringing).

What are you trying to accomplish? If you want to "ignore" certain callers, you can do this using the Profiles manager with exceptions (no additional software required), but you cannot handle private or unknown numbers.

calm_tiger no está en línea Stack level 5

I don't know if it's an OS thing or not for you guys. I used the trial on my 8800. It worked just fine, as a matter of fact I went ahead and bought the registration code for it. There is no beep or ring it shuts the call down immediately and sends it directly to voicemail.

MT

Quote Originally Posted by visortgw
    Yes, I have -- it does the same thing as Black and Whitelist (i.e., muted beep, pause, followed by normal ringing).

What are you trying to accomplish? If you want to "ignore" certain callers, you can do this using the Profiles manager with exceptions (no additional software required), but you cannot handle private or unknown numbers.
    I get a lot of unwanted calls to my office... all routed to my blackberry. It would be nice to blacklist tem as they call.....

MT

Just got an email from the developer. It os an OS thing and shoul be fixed with the new version (I.call) he said he will releasew it on Oct 28, 2007

Hope everything works for us.

It should be interesting to see the actual solution -- earier, the deveoper proposed a answer and immediate hangup scenario, which is not acceptable IMO.

MT

I agree the hang up thing would just get peoe calling back

Hopefully we get something to work

Lightbulb Re: I berry Black and Whitelist problems

In the interim, try this:
    1. Launch the RIM Profile manager app, and select your preferred "normal" profile (mine is Vibrate).
    2. From the menu, create New Exception. In the exception (I named mine Blacklist), add callers that you want to block to the "From:" list. Select your silent profile with Do Not Disturb enabled for the "Use Profile:" field -- "Custom Phone Tune" really does not matter, and does not need to be enabled here. Save the exception. (NOTE: The exception can be edited at any time to add or remove contacts.)
    3. Enable "Use Active Profile Except For:" the newly created exception.
    You can see blacklisted calls come in, but you do not hear (or feel) anything. Like I said earlier, this works for any number except for blocked (private) calls or unknown numbers.

MT

Quote Originally Posted by visortgw
    In the interim, try this:
    1. Launch the RIM Profile manager app, and select your preferred "normal" profile (mine is Vibrate).
    2. From the menu, create New Exception. In the exception (I named mine Blacklist), add callers that you want to block to the "From:" list. Select your silent profile with Do Not Disturb enabled for the "Use Profile:" field -- "Custom Phone Tune" really does not matter, and does not need to be enabled here. Save the exception. (NOTE: The exception can be edited at any time to add or remove contacts.)
    3. Enable "Use Active Profile Except For:" the newly created exception.
    You can see blacklisted calls come in, but you do not hear (or feel) anything. Like I said earlier, this works for any number except for blocked (private) calls or unknown numbers.

Thanks! So I guess I would have to add the numbers to my address book?

Thanks! So I guess I would have to add the numbers to my address book?
    Yes, you do, but most of the call screening applications require the same. After receiving a call that you want to block in the future, just use the Add to Address Book from the Call Log menu.

Tronky no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by visortgw View Post

Can you provide further explaination ?

I have a 8700g and i opened the profiles and found nothing like that

Quote Originally Posted by Tronky View Post
    Can you provide further explaination ?

I have a 8700g and i opened the profiles and found nothing like that
    There is a detailed step-by-step a few posts up in this thread...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast