Hi All I recently went away from Blackberry because my company made a switch. Now ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

bsp120167 no está en línea Stack level 1

how to wipe out old security settings?

Advertisement

Hi All

I recently went away from Blackberry because my company made a switch. Now I am coming back but have forgotten my old password for my blackberry and can not get in. How do I do a reset to restore factory settings and wipe out all old info?

Thx
    Ben

kayos72 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me

Re: how to wipe out old security settings?

welcome to the stacks, the easiest way is to enter the wrong password ten times, all info will be lost then you can start fresh

Hope this helps

this will not wipe IT security policies
    Been a long while since last login. Sorry all, adjusting to a new life is great and hell at the same time!!

bsp120167 no está en línea Stack level 1

I have entered the wrong password 5 times so far and have been worried about that. Won't I go into pin lock if I exceed 10 tries?

Quote Originally Posted by kayos72 View Post
    welcome to the stacks, the easiest way is to enter the wrong password ten times, all info will be lost then you can start fresh

Hope this helps

this will not wipe IT security policies

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

No, It just wipes all personal data and the password. It will not even delete the IT Policy, if you are concerned about that. You will be able to input a new password and start over with your personal data.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

Quote Originally Posted by bsp120167 View Post
    I have entered the wrong password 5 times so far and have been worried about that. Won't I go into pin lock if I exceed 10 tries?
    Allotta people think we're joking, but I've done it innumerable times on Ebay BBs -- type in the incorrect password ten times, then the machine wipes itself and asks you to create a new password. The only thing is that if Content Protection is enabled, the wipe takes a l--o--n--g time.

Djmarbll no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    219C9716

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    After entering the password incorrectly 10x's, the device will automatically do a full reset and everything will be wiped, except the IT policy. Your Blackberry admin is gonna have to delete you from the company server to remove the IT policy.

Quote Originally Posted by Djmarbll View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    After entering the password incorrectly 10x's, the device will automatically do a full reset and everything will be wiped, except the IT policy. Your Blackberry admin is gonna have to delete you from the company server to remove the IT policy.
    IT policy can be removed by the user: http://blackberryfaq.com/index.php/Remove_IT_Policy