Hey guys, Continuing to familiarize myself with the technology. I'm also working on getting a ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

Corbishley no está en línea Stack level 2

how to turn off 8703e automatic updates

Advertisement

Hey guys,

Continuing to familiarize myself with the technology. I'm also working on getting a data plan through my company. Problem is I just got hit with $30 in data fees and I never browsed, emailed etc. The salesperson at Verizon said it was because these devices automatically update. Can you turn that feature on the 8703e off, and if you can, how? Thanks for your replies.

-Corbs

tsconver no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    32C20CAA

Re: how to turn off 8703e automatic updates

Quote Originally Posted by Corbishley
    Hey guys,

Continuing to familiarize myself with the technology. I'm also working on getting a data plan through my company. Problem is I just got hit with $30 in data fees and I never browsed, emailed etc. The salesperson at Verizon said it was because these devices automatically update. Can you turn that feature on the 8703e off, and if you can, how? Thanks for your replies.

-Corbs
    I am interested in this as well.

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Corbishley, check under Options/Network - do you have the ability to turn data off? If not, you may have to contact Verizon to ask them to disable data.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Automatically updates? Yeah, Ive used many BB's without a data plan and you wont get charged unless you use email, internet, instant messangers, applications that require data, etc...

Corbishley no está en línea Stack level 2

I called Verizon and had them put a block on it for now. That company is unreal...you get a di[FONT='Times New Roman']fferent[/FONT] answer with every rep you talk to. So thats how I blocked the data usage for the time being.

-Mike