Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I have my ringer set to high in profiles and yet it's not very loud. ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8

How to increase ringer volume for incoming calls

Advertisement

I have my ringer set to high in profiles and yet it's not very loud. Any suggestions? (BB 8700c)

naviwilliams no está en línea Stack level 4

Re: How to increase ringer volume for incoming calls

What happens if while the device is ringing you scroll the wheel upwards? Does that make a difference?

louee6 no está en línea Stack level 3

Same thing here Archer. Another default the blackberry community is experiencing. What I did though was, I ran my custom ringtones that I made thru Sound Recorder and increased the volume about 50% and now they are screaming, so I keep the volume set to medium to compensate. The only thing is the ringtones must be wave cause thats all sound recorder accepts. I just ran my mp3's thru a converter and bada-bing!

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

What OS version are you running?

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8

v4.1.0.194 is the OS I'm running.

To the earlier suggestion of scrolling the wheel upwards, I did'nt think about that and I will try it.

macrack no está en línea Stack level 1

The best thing I do is choose a high pitch ringer... that way, even in the loudest conditions, I'll hear it. I like the idea of making your own and increasing it that way!

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157

4.1.0.194, I'd upgrade OS. I went up to 4.1.0.309 which I believe was the telstra OS? My ringtones and all speaker volumes scream. My ringtones are on low because that's all me and other people can take. I can't even get to medium volume.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

rghost no está en línea Stack level 1

My second post and i can help someone! i had the same problem. So i placed the mp3 through the "goldwave" program to increase the volume. You can increase it to the point where it doesnt even sound normal. Up to 1000% increase. [FONT=Arial]Then put it back into your phone and it will be way louder.[/FONT]

giamburrasca no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    256223F9

Hi rghost, does this programme work the OTHER way and of so, whats the URL?

rghost no está en línea Stack level 1

Yes, you can decrease the volume as well. i found the program from users in pinstack who liked it. Go to downloads.com, i cant post an url

BUT...honestly this program gets great reviews but it seems really complicated to me. For example, it does not come with an encoder so you have to d/l that and add it to the goldwave folder. Why the heck coulndt they put it in there? I hope to find a better program that isnt so complicated. "Better" meaning simple in my book, i am sure for audiophiles this thing is great.

After you get your Mp3 in there you can CUT it down to size. Easy. Then you can use the volume controller to drag a bar up or down accordingly. 1000% distorted the sounds, so i saved 5-6 different versions of my ring tone at various levels until i found one that was loud enough yet not distorted.

good luck

infernox no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by archer6

To the earlier suggestion of scrolling the wheel upwards, I did'nt think about that and I will try it.
    It's a known defect in that old OS version. The ringer defaults to the last volume setting you had. Upgrade to a newer OS and it will solve it. I had the same problem and my upgrade fixed it.
    9000 Bold / v4.6.0.297 / at&t

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by archer6

Sorry, I missed this post earlier. I don't know about the 7130, but Cingulars v.1.0.194 for the 8700 had this problem also. Loading later version of another carriers OS will solve the problem. If you are hesitant to do this, there is a workaround. Follow the steps below and you will have a louder ring if it works the same as on the 8700.

1. Make a call.
    2. Before ending call, Activate Speakerphone
    3. Roll up the Volume with the Trackwheel
    4. De-select Speakerphone.
    5. End Call

This will get your ringtones up in volume, at least until you forget and roll the volume down on a speakerphone call.

hope this helps.
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

fireball05 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I am a new user and having the same problem with soft ringtones. Can someone who has run their ringtone through the editing software to increase the volue post it so that others can easily download it and add it to their ringtones?

Please help.

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7
    I'd recommend following rbcjr's instructions or upgrading the OS. No need to modify the ringers at all which is a kludgy workaround.

gmmt no está en línea Stack level 1

Hi All, I am too having this issue. However, currently the phone OS version I have is 4.1.0.384 from TMobile. It is an unlocked 8700. The TMobile upgrade site only provides an OS version of 4.1.0.384. Is it OK to upgrade my BB 8700 to a version OS 4.2.X.XXX from a differenct carrier? Will this effect the 'unlock' on the device? many thanks. Cheers, Alan

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast