Hello! I have an unlock 8700c. It works well, but I have no wap connections. ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

gbedicks no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23cfc785

Question How to get the WAP Version

Advertisement

Hello! I have an unlock 8700c. It works well, but I have no wap connections. My oprator is TIM Brasil and they said I can not use my BB on their network. I got their APN and enter it on the TCP settings but even so I can not get any connections. Whwn I look at the "host rounting table" still there "APN: blackberry.net" and not the new APN I enter on TCP settings. I am not a BES user. Is there a way to download a software to change these settings?

Thank you!

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Re: How to get the WAP Version

I don't think there is any software you can download. The 8700c is a Cingular US phone and may not work outside the US. I don't know about carriers outside the US so I can't be of much help.

PIN/ID
    23cfc785

Thank you for the repply. The phone is working well. I can use it as a cell phone or even to get SMS. I just put my TIM SIM card and it is ok. The problem is that I can't have acces for the BIS because it seems this model is locked for internet access for the cingular network. I have all the parameters from the TIM Brasil network, but I don't have access to introduce these parameters. into the BB.

Today I made some progress and install the PockedDay wich is running well, I have access to wether.com and to Stocks, but no internet access.

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

~~Posted via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~~

The quad band Blkackberry can be used anywhere for GSM voice once unlocked.

However if the carrier dosn't support Blackberry email and data services then you won't be able to use the GPRS or EDGE functions. You will get 'data connection refused' if you try to use regular-phone data plans.

Check the www.blackberry.com web site and click by location and select latin america or south america. If you don't see your carrier listed then you CAN'T use data with your BB.

PIN/ID
    23cfc785

Thank you for your repply. My carrier does have a data plan and I have the data plan already. On my old cell, Motorola V3 I could connect using GPRS the WAP service. Now I have changes the phone to BB, I can get GPRS connection. I can get some services that uses GPRS, but I can't access the internet or even e-mails, because it seems my BB is locked to blackberry.net.

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

that's a tuff one. Maybe the unlock was for voice only. Might want to email cingular support. Cingular also has a live chat and support forums on their website:

http://forums.cingular.com/cng/board?board.id=rim

PIN/ID
    23cfc785

Thank you!