Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I saw on other forums that some people didn't have the HTML browser on their ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

Kasara no está en línea Stack level 1

How to get HTML browser on 8700

Advertisement

I saw on other forums that some people didn't have the HTML browser on their 8700 while others did. Apparently, there is a problem right now if you're upgrading from a different BB device (Blue and Orange) and you're not on a BES. I was told the HTML browser was supposed to be on ALL 8700's regardless of Blue or Orange, BES or BIS. I was also told Cingular is working with RIM to get a fix in place and that in the meantime calling Cingular (get the RIM support team) and tell them you've got an 8700 and need to have the HTML Browser turned on.

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Thumbs up Re: How to get HTML browser on 8700

welcome to pinstack and thanks for the update. You may also what to try going to options / service book and hecking for browser instances there. If it is click view / show HRT then 'Register Now' on the bold instance listed.

Kasara no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: How to get HTML browser on 8700

Thanks. Also, you don't need to call in now, I read that turning the device on and off will get you the new service book.

dasupaman23 no está en línea Stack level 6

Also you can try to login into your online cingular BB acount and in your profile, it gives you an option to send service book. Give that a try

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Also note that you can have up to three browsers. One being the cingular (WAP) browser, another being the Internet Browser, and the third being the Blackberry Browser (MDS only). The latter two are both HTML browsers. Once connects via MDS, the other doesn't.

rjharary no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2038fe53

what is an mds ?

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Quote Originally Posted by rjharary
    what is an mds ?
    MDS = Mobile Data System for Blackberry application development

find out about MDS here:
    http://www.pinstack.com/blackberryfo...splay.php?f=28

Wing Rider no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    Ask

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

eatmypiano no está en línea BES Pro

Turning the device on and off won't force a registration. Safest way to perform a registration is "register now". This sends a registration request to the BB Network which triggers a service book push.

If you're having problems with a specific service book (eg you've got BIS-B SB and no browser) you MUST delete the existing service book before doing the register now. The BB Network is clever enough not to send you a SB you don't need but not clever enough to know the one you've got isn't working properly.

RIM is working with all carriers globally to bring BIS-B to the BlackBerry. Some of them are slower to sign up than others.

There is only one browser application on the BlackBerry. The icons in the ribbon are created by the relevant service books and what the browser will connect to or display is also governed by the service books. At the moment to get the Non-BES HTML Browser (Also known as BIS-B or PMDS) you have to have the BIS-B Service assigned by the carrier.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

What is BIS-B. That is a new term to me. I have always heard and read that the Non-BES HTML Browser was called the Internet Browser. That's what the home screen says, that's what the users guide calls it and that's what the RIM documentation I downloaded calls it. When and where did BIS-B come into play?

I have had an 8700c with Cingular since Day 4. I couldn't find one in the stores on Day 1 so had to order on day 3). I have had the two non BES Browsers (Internet and WAP) since I changed the PIN and IMEI on my Account. I did have to delete them and resend once due to a error condition. But that went flawlessly when I did it.

Thanks for your help.
    Rcbjr.

BIS-B, BlackBerry Internet Service - Browsing, formerly BBIE and also known as PMDS (Public MDS)
    BIS-E is the new name for BWC. BlackBerry Internet Service - Email

The name "Internet Browser" comes from the Service Book and can be changed by the carrier. RIM offers the service to the carriers as BIS-B - what the carrier calls it is up to them :-)

SuzzyP no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask

Ok , all that just sailed right over my head. lolol
    SP[B]
    Sportin a kBerry Curve

I said this in another thread recently. The BlackBerry only has one Browser application. By sending multiple service books with different configurations, you get multiple icons. If you have a WAP broswer, you will have a WAP Transport and a Browser Config service book. If you have BIS-B you will have an IPPP Service Book and another Browser Config. If your BES uses MDS, another two. These are "tied together" by a Service UID which causes the BB to add icons to the ribbon if both Service Books are present.

The Service Books are stored at RIM as XML files. The Browser Config Service Book has a tag in it called RibbonTitle which controls the name that the icon displays on the ribbon:

<RibbonTitle>My New Browser Name</RibbonTitle>

So, if you're on TMo, you'll have a WAP Browser Config with an SUID that ties it to a WAP Transport SB and a <RibbonTitle>t-Zones</RibbonTitle> entry. If you sign up for BIS-B you'd have another pair of Service Books creating a new icon <RibbonTitle>Internet Browser</RibbonTitle>.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

I just never heard it called BIS-B, BIS 1.8 or BIS 2.0 but never BIS-B

Rcjbr

Whatever! no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by hayden
    welcome to pinstack and thanks for the update. You may also what to try going to options / service book and hecking for browser instances there. If it is click view / show HRT then 'Register Now' on the bold instance listed.
    Did all that and received an e-mail on my handheld (8707v) that it has been registered with the wireless network. Does there have to be a icon or shortcut to launch the HTML browser?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast