Hi all. Just purchased an unlocked 8700c (cingular) on ebay and I don't have a ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

moldycheese no está en línea Stack level 1

How to get a web browser on 8700c

Advertisement

Hi all. Just purchased an unlocked 8700c (cingular) on ebay and I don't have a service provider yet, have not decided on that (hence unlocked). I read on a really old thread that when the 8700 came out that some had the web brower and some did not and to call the specific carrier to have them turn it on. Is that still the protocol for getting the web browser? Not a big deal for me right now since I haven't chosen a provider yet, but for when I do, if I decide on a carrier other than cingular do I need to call cingular to have them activate it? Is there another way of getting the web browser?

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Re: How to get a web browser on 8700c

If it's unlocked it will work on T-Mobile also if you don't want to use Cingular. All you have to do (if the BB came with a Sim card) is call T-Mobile and have them add the Unlimited BB Data Plan AddOn on top of your voice minutes if you have any. If you don't, I would try one of their Minutes and Mail plans.

adavis99 no está en línea Stack level 1

The browser appears when you subscribe to the data plan with your carier. You could always DL opera mini...but it won't do anything until you get a BIS or BES up and running.

Note, I have 2 whole posts...so be warned.
    :cheers:

Dubdub no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23FEFDC4

No BB dataplan, no email and no Internet. When you subscribe to the dataplan, the carrier will provision the device and send the appropriate service books. Once you get those, the browser options should appear.

moldycheese no está en línea Stack level 1

Thanks all. Good information to know.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I have seen some people who use Opera Mini without a data plan but they end up paying on a per KB charge.