I tried installing opera mini on my 8700g...Found that it wasnt working and therefore tried ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

gtgisnow no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2046FA4D

Thumbs down how to delete a module from the application list.

Advertisement

I tried installing opera mini on my 8700g...Found that it wasnt working and therefore tried deleting the application..But it was invain... found the icon still in the application list.. tried deletin it from the service book.. dint find it there.. checked the modules and found an opera module there.. however cant find an option to delete..Can anybody tell me how to delete a module from the applications menu, when such an option is not displayed with the trackwheel click....??

EvolutionCSR no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: how to delete a module from the application list.

Whats the name of the module you are trying to delete? on my BB the Opera Mini module is called "operette$2dhifi" and it has an option to delete, on both my Pearl and my 8700g.

PIN/ID
    2046FA4D

yes thats the module, but got no option for delete...!! dunno why....!! got options for view properties, edit permissions, edit default permissions ... but NO DELETE...!! where did i screw up ??

EvolutionCSR no está en línea Stack level 5

Did you install Opera through Desktop manager?

If you did you can connect the BB to the PC start DM and start application loader and look for Opera on the Device application selection, and uncheck Opera Mini and finish the application loader it will remove it.

If not I would download opera mini onto my pc and reinstall it on the BB and do what I said above again, then Take the battery out of your BB wait 30 seconds restart.

PIN/ID
    2046FA4D

well i did all that... the problem arose when i tried to uninstall it thru the desktop manager the first time. so installed it again and found two opera mini in the applications folder. so was able to delete one thru the handset and the other remained. tried connectin it to the desktop manager but cudnt find the application to uninstall it... tried the cold reboot, by removin the battery for more than 30 secs...!! that too was unsuccessful... Guess now i finally gave up...!!

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Sounds too easy but did you try to take out your battery and hold the power button down for 30 seconds? It sometimes clears away things that are stale...