Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

First question - Are there any other additional devices besides the Pearl that can play ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

ITGal no está en línea Stack level 1

Question How to convert.wav files

Advertisement

First question - Are there any other additional devices besides the Pearl that can play the .wav file? Second Question - for the devices that cannot play the .wav file (Example: 8703e), are there any suggestions on what type of files to convert the .wav file to besides mp3? Just trying to see what are my options without having to download third party software.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Re: How to convert.wav files

87xx will play mp3, midi and polyphonic. There are OS upgrades available to play wavs, but only on some versions.

71xx usually just play midi and polyphonic, however the 7105t will play adp, and the 7100i will play wav, all with the proper software of course.

andy_ck87028 no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by ITGal
    First question - Are there any other additional devices besides the Pearl that can play the .wav file? Second Question - for the devices that cannot play the .wav file (Example: 8703e), are there any suggestions on what type of files to convert the .wav file to besides mp3? Just trying to see what are my options without having to download third party software.
    Ooooh boy do I sympathize with that need and more importantly an absence of answer to the second question. I have an 8707g and need to process wav files that come in as email attachments. Your second question is very clear and I have asked exactly the same question elsewhere. I am coming to the conclusion that there is no answer otherwise I would have received one by now.

I have seen elsewhere a suggestion to setup a gmail account and process the files within gmail but that still asked me to download the attachment and then the bb spat the dummy on me.

I am prepared to download third party software to convert wav to mp3 ..... if that will work................

So could someone please add further contributions to the original point.

Andy

This is a question our company exec's are eager to know. I will post the outcome as soon as I found out the options. Thanks for the feedback!

ITGal

skverskk no está en línea Stack level 1

I've used a program called Switch to convert wav format to mp3 format. Real easy to use and quick. nch.com.au/switch

Quote Originally Posted by skverskk
    I've used a program called Switch to convert wav format to mp3 format. Real easy to use and quick. nch.com.au/switch

Thanks for the link but how can it be used when the email with the wav attachment has already been pushed to your bb?

Andy

skverskk no está en línea Stack level 1

It probably can't be done. Since 8703e will not play wav files, you'll still have to convert the format using Switch or whatever other program is out there and probably can only be done from a Desktop PC.

Quote Originally Posted by ITGal
    This is a question our company exec's are eager to know. I will post the outcome as soon as I found out the options. Thanks for the feedback!

ITGal
    Looking forward to the outcome options.

Andy

jlambrig no está en línea Stack level 1

This would be great if it can be done

graunt no está en línea Stack level 1

I downloaded FlexiMusic Wave Editor, an Mp3 editor/ converter for converting wav files to Mp3 files.

Quote Originally Posted by graunt
    I downloaded FlexiMusic Wave Editor, an Mp3 editor/ converter for converting wav files to Mp3 files.
    From what I can make out you would have downloaded it to Windows. If that is correct, I do not believe your proposal solves this problem which is how to process wav attrachments already received on the BB.

Andy

Fyi all ....

I wrote to Audiopop as I receive WAV files as attachments from my voip provider and cannot process them on my 8707G.

My email to them was .....

>Hi
    >
    >I'm still interested in your Audipop product however I'm aware that the
    >8707G does not support WAV attachments.
    >
    >Can you suggest an approach (perhaps wav to MP3 conversion utility on
    >the BB) that will enable me to use Audipop?

And the answer that came straight back ....

It's not practical to do the conversion on the BlackBerry.
    The best way would be if your voicemail system could
    send an MP3 or AMR file instead of WAV.
    A server side utility is not out of the question but we
    don't have anything setup to do that at this time.
    Support
    Virtual Views

As a result, I will now seek a VOIP provider who can send me MP3 or AMR files.

Andy

Thank you for the feedback, AudioPop was brought up during one of our meetings.

I have spoken with the vendor for Metamessage and they have a feature that will allow users to listen to wav files. However, it will not automatically launch the wav file after selecting it within the email. Instead they explained that when the user launches the wav file, it will dial out to another number for the user's to retrieve the messages.

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

IIRC the 8800 will play WAV files if attached to a 4.1+ BES server.

I thought AudioPOP was supposed to go this on the 87XX but I guess I was mistaken...

danbra no está en línea Stack level 2

You can open WAV attachments such as voice mails using Dynoplex Play ALL applcation - part eFile 4.0.0.36. It is free. May be downloaded from: http://dynoplex.com/downloads_v40.shtml
    Dynoplex Inc.
    Productivity for Blackberry

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast