I have googled for answers and realized I had to download 4 files, javaloader exe, ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

thefmgirl no está en línea Stack level 1

HOW DO YOU MAKE YOU 8700 WORK WITH you computer?

Advertisement

I have googled for answers and realized I had to download 4 files, javaloader exe,
    blackberry device manager v 4.2, and desktop software v 4.2 service pack, blackberry desktop software v4.2 service pack 1

However they are all sitting on my computer, when I open up the desktop manager.
    Its says connected to the phone however I cannot do anything, any button I press I see an error or warning box that states, I have to upload device software 4.2 to the phone.
    Now hoe do I do that????
    I tied clicking on application loader, and going to add, then I clicked the file and again I get a warning box that says error in application information file and the address where it is located, it also states........There is an XML Syntax error on line 1
    Can someone please help me all I am trying to do is transfer some ring tones from my computer to the phone.
    Thanks

Berryadict no está en línea Stack level 7
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    On your pc go to add-delete programs and delete all the stuff you've mentioned above.
    Then go to the Pinstack home page which has info and links to Desktop v4.6 and download the version that has Media Manager. Use this to transfer your tones.
    A great site for thousands of free tones is Funformobile.com.
    Any further questions, just click on my pin under my name to contact me. I'll be glad to help

boricua no está en línea Stack level 3
    To install the device software to the phone, you must first install the device software to your computer. Once installed to your compter, Desktop Manager will find the software when you click on application loader.

until about 4 this morning then I could not hold up no longer.
    That was a joke.
    I am going to try and search for the link tot he page you told me to download it from if you have it that would be good seeing I do not now my way around this forum yet.
    But thanks a lot I will try what you instructed.
    I am currently executing that now.
    just need to find the link.
    thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by boricua View Post
    To install the device software to the phone, you must first install the device software to your computer. Once installed to your compter, Desktop Manager will find the software when you click on application loader.
    humm that did not happen, however it stated it found some things needed from the service pack.
    but I deliberately choose the file for the software and it did not install it.
    thanks I am going to try his instruction I will let you know what happened.

the following was the only one I saw and I was not able to download it, cause I cannot understand what is says, every time I clicked the download button, it redirected me to a paragraph of a language I did not understand, so I do not know how to get the file steupsssssssss, I getting frustrated, I been doing this since 7 pm last night till 4 this morning and now I woke up 7 till now trying again.
    I searched the forum I am not seeing actual links.........
    blackberry.com/showthread.php?t=8309

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157
    Quote Originally Posted by thefmgirl View Post
    the following was the only one I saw and I was not able to download it, cause I cannot understand what is says, every time I clicked the download button, it redirected me to a paragraph of a language I did not understand, so I do not know how to get the file steupsssssssss, I getting frustrated, I been doing this since 7 pm last night till 4 this morning and now I woke up 7 till now trying again.
    I searched the forum I am not seeing actual links.........
    blackberry.com/showthread.php?t=8309
    I think you're making this too hard. All you need is a version of BlackBerry Desktop Software. You can download all versions from here. Hit the pull down menu and select the version that you want. For your 8700 I recommend you download version 4.2 Service Pack 2 or later. After you get that downloaded and installed you can then run it, plug in your BB and do what you want to do.

that was the first I downloaded it never worked, so I am looking for the 4.6 as the last forumite advised.
    Thanks

OK I finally found the download for the 4.6 and it is installed on my desktop and like she said it download the info to the hone automatically, but now it wont open the media ,Media manager.
    the only one opening is the media sync, he blackberry media sync application is not currently installed, do you want to download it and when I click yes it stops right in the middle of the download and the download box disappears, but it never installs................jokes.
    SO back to square one, any suggestions????????????
    I wounder if can download the media manger as an standalone I am going to search h for it on google.
    I will let you know..............the out come.

well I think I get it I downloaded it as a standalone, I found it here blackberry.com/Downloads/contactFormPreload.do?code=1517C8664BE296F0D87D9E5 FC54FDD60&dl=0569469B07251E54B1DA9347ED7C8F60&step =4

But it still says now the connected blackberry device is not supported by blackberry media sync

I get it there is no media Icon on this screen, I went ot advance options ther eis no media card or anything affilated with media here.
    so I guess thats it for me unless I figure out another way to upload music I Fuuuuuuu****ed
    Thanks all.

PIN/ID
    312C4157
    Maybe because you have the 8700 or don't have os 4.2 (device software) on the BB. I think 4.2 is required for media manager to run, also a BB with a media card to take advantage of the media, the 8700 doesn't have that much on-board memory.

there is no media card and stupid me sent and buy one for 80 dollars there's no where to put it now.................. lol
    yp its an 8700 v

PIN/ID
    312C4157
    What media card did you buy for $80? You've been had unless it was like 16GB or some high number capacity. The 8700 doesn't take a media card. You should be able to use media manager if you have 4.2 OS on the BB, you'll be able to move files up to about 2MB to the BB, but more advanced media features like media sync may require a BB with a media card. How long have you had the 8700? If you can, I'd exchange it for a curve or pearl. Those BB's are able to use a media card depending on the OS installed up to 8GB. I think that's the max supported on OS 4.5.