I have pics that I want to download onto an 8700, how in the hell ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

hcrew007 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question How do you download pics to a Blackberry 8700?

Advertisement

I have pics that I want to download onto an 8700, how in the hell do you do that?? Anyone?

Depends on what Operating System you have on the device. Go to Options, and scroll to the top of the list and choose About. If your OS is 4.1, then you need to get an aftermarket program installed to download pictures. I have used Ascendo Photos, works great. If you have OS 4.2 or newer, then you can use the Desktop Manager's Media Manager to download photos (and music too), and then it's available by choosing the Media icon on the desktop.

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Hey Mark, I have a couple of questions. I have an 8700 and my everyday 8300. Is the memory on the 8700 large enough to store pics, and how many? Also, is the 4.2 OS hard to install, I think mine is 4.1? Any help would be appreciated. thanks

jfirstenberg no está en línea Stack level 1
    There are two ways I've added pictures to my 8700c. The first is just to simply email them from your desktop, click on the attachement and then save as to the device memory.

The other way is to use desktop manager's media manager (you might want to make sure you have a current/updated copy). You can actually copy down a photo from your computer to the device if it just as you want it. You should consider adjusting the size of the photo using the media managers photosuite tool called multi photo enhance under the projects menu. Here you can resize under the transform section to a 320x240 picture (best suited for your 8700c). You may also want to change to .bmp or .jpg as these may be smaller size formats then the original.

Quote Originally Posted by chokem View Post
    Hey Mark, I have a couple of questions. I have an 8700 and my everyday 8300. Is the memory on the 8700 large enough to store pics, and how many?
    Yes, lots. If you have 4.2 and are using the Media feature, you have the choice of either 12 or 15 megs of memory for pictures. You can choose the 12 or 15mb limit from the Options menu in Media. These pictures are stored in "Content Store". If you are using aftermarket software to download/store/view pictures, they are stored in RMS memory ("RMS Database") and the only limit to the amount of pictures is the memory in the 8700. On my current 8700, running 4.2, I have about 35 pictures in the Media area, and around 120 in an application called "Ascendo Photos", and still have about 30mb memory free on the device. I believe I have room for another 60 or so pictures in the Media area, and probably room for another 300 <> in Ascendo before memory becomes an issue.
    Also, is the 4.2 OS hard to install, I think mine is 4.1? Any help would be appreciated. thanks
    4.2 is very easy to install and widely available. Your service provider has it ready to download, along with instructions. Also, 4.2 has been so widely discussed here at the stacks and at other BlackBerry forums that using the search feature here can net you any information you need about 4.2.