Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Originally Posted by b2unit Thnx for clearing things up for me, read the trads of ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

pete.milliga no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: How do i set my "APN" settings on a 8707

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by b2unit
    Thnx for clearing things up for me, read the trads of both links and it is clear to me that with BIS it is not possible (at this time) to use MiMlite or jmIrc or some other program that uses an altered APN gateway. Anyway not for me...

So... am i going to convert my contract to a BES contract or not.... that is the question...

rob...
    On T-Mo (& likely in NL) you can use their BES web n'Walk service. Still via MDS. I have tried a number of software products (not just MiM) to see whether they have the smarts/ability to use the MDS route rather than an APN. Unfortunately I haven't found any.

So given where you are presently, BES seems like a reasonable option, though I wonder whether you'll be any luckier than me in finding much in the way of MDS enabled apps... Perhaps share any investigation into MDS enabled apps here so that we can benefit too... :-)

Good luck - Remember, you can always revert back if you need to.

Pete

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

Re: How do i set my "APN" settings on a 8707

Wow.... that really is no good on the TCP on the 8707. Makes me not want one.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12