Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Originally Posted by tmonoober yes wipe handheld is the only way to wipe completely, this ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Re: How do I do a Hard Reset on my 8700g??

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by tmonoober
    yes wipe handheld is the only way to wipe completely, this is good when u r on a bes and things are locked and u want to get off the bes, u have to wipe to get off the bes
    A wipe will remove the BES service books but it will not remove an IT policy.

GUSCRAWFORD no está en línea Stack level 1

i think I tried to put the wrong software on my rim and its just keeps restarting over and over with the stupid hourglass and thats it. Is there a way to undo this?

mizflaca no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by GUSCRAWFORD
    i think I tried to put the wrong software on my rim and its just keeps restarting over and over with the stupid hourglass and thats it. Is there a way to undo this?

i have dis same problem....wat do i do??????

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

mizflaca - welcome to pinstack

you will need to download the newest OS for your 8700 to your PC, and reinstall it.

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...uter_wont.html

bcbbanga4l no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    24ac973e

whats the default code tho?

jamaal02 no está en línea Stack level 1

Blackberry 8700c keeps rebooting

jzarowitz no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    NexsOne

can you be a bit more specific as to what you were doing before that happened?

Quote Originally Posted by jamaal02 View Post
    Blackberry 8700c keeps rebooting
    I'm a born again Androider

jamaal02 no está en línea Stack level 1

but what if it (8700c) just keeps rebooting and therefore can't make a connection to the desktop manager

Xanman33 no está en línea Stack level 1

You're basically screwed. The same thing happened to me and I had to replace the phone, all because I was suckered into downloading this cool theme. I know exactly what you're going through. Everyone keeps saying to reload the OS, but you can't because the connection to the device doesn't stay connected long enough for you to do anything via desktop manager. The phone is hosed. There is no way around it. You'll have to replace it, and be sure to stay the hell away from third party PDA apps. That one little freaking theme ended up costing me another $250 because I had to replace the phone.

Quote Originally Posted by jamaal02 View Post
    but what if it (8700c) just keeps rebooting and therefore can't make a connection to the desktop manager

westlab430 no está en línea Stack level 1
    First time poster here. You should not have replace you phone. Read the reinstall directions CAREFULLY as linked earlier in this thread. Pull the battery out to do the reinstall.

This happened to me just a few weeks ago.I was trying to do an install of a 3rd party theme but had an old OS (4.1). I got the"hourglass of death". This is my first BB (8700c) and only me second phone ever and I fixed the problem. Be patient, the process will take awhile, but it's worth it. You'll learn about your phone in the process also.
    Pinstack saved my life!

Quote Originally Posted by Xanman33 View Post
    You're basically screwed. The same thing happened to me and I had to replace the phone, all because I was suckered into downloading this cool theme. I know exactly what you're going through. Everyone keeps saying to reload the OS, but you can't because the connection to the device doesn't stay connected long enough for you to do anything via desktop manager. The phone is hosed. There is no way around it. You'll have to replace it, and be sure to stay the hell away from third party PDA apps. That one little freaking theme ended up costing me another $250 because I had to replace the phone.

indikator no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by dasupaman23 View Post
    You should have 10 tries to guess it. After the 10th all the data on the device will be cleared and the device will be reset. If it's a SIM PIN, the you carrier should be able to help you with that.
    This is true?

roxyana no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    245e26c1
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com) how do you soft reset on a 8700g? I'm pretty sure its alt+cap+del but a lot of the times it doesn't work on mine

kathieb no está en línea Stack level 1

Administrator not permitting loading

Quote Originally Posted by takeshi View Post
    A wipe will remove the BES service books but it will not remove an IT policy.
    I bought my 8700c on ebay to use only as a personal phone and pda (no internet) and all works well, including bluetooth.... until I tried to install a game and a reader. I get a message saying 'The following modules are not permitted to be loaded by your administrator." Does this mean the IT policy was not removed? What can I do?

Not sure if I'm posting this in the right place, so please help me get where I need to be--I'm new.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123