I have an 8700c and I've found a couple of threads on here pertaining to ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

briguy81 no está en línea Stack level 1

How do I disable the unlock password?

Advertisement

I have an 8700c and I've found a couple of threads on here pertaining to this issue but no real resolution. I bought this item on ebay and put my sim from my 7130c into it and it's working. My problem is that it's prompting for a password. I know to go into gen security but there's a red star/lock next to Enabled - presumably because this device was hooked to a bes and has an it policy on it. My question is - how do i get rid of it? I've reset it, I've wiped it, I've loaded the new 4.2 platform on it, etc...... Please help. Thanks.

monica.simons no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    ASKME

Re: How do I disable the unlock password?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ wow you've done everything I would have thought of, I'm lost.

okamosy no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2067acbe

Have you tried jlcommander to completely nuke the device? Before you do that, make sure you have the device software.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Well, I used jlcommander and wiped it. Now I see a screen with a window on it and a circle with a line through it. I launched the desktop mgr and tried to load the 4.2 platform but the desktop mgr program gives this error: Unspecified error encountered [A:0x00000001]

I imagine that I'm doing something wrong - I'm just not sure what and how to fix it now.
    Last edited by briguy81; 02-01-2008 at 10:57 PM.

when the bb desktop mgr goes to connect to the boot rom, the red light on the berry comes on, reloads, you see the hourglass turn a few times and it repeats that process 5 times before the dstkp mgr shows the unspecified error occurs.

PIN/ID
    Ask Me

If you already wiped the device and you're having this problem, try the steps in the JVM 102 fix link in my signature. after you're up and running, you'll need to follow the steps in the other link below to remove the it policy.

i can't get the 4.2 back on the device, I get a screen with a circle and a line through it with a 507 under it.

PIN/ID
    Ask Me

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Try the link entitled: How To: ReInstall OS When Computer Won't recognize The Device Is Connected in the beginning of the JVM 102 link. That should work. 507 means that you don't have an OS installed.

i've been trying the link here blackberryforums.pinstack.com/5178-how_reinstall_os_when_computer_wont and it's a wicker pita. now im at the point of dloading the jdk and starting from scratch again. now im thinking i couldve dealt with the stupid password issue.

when following those instructions, I'm now to the point where i've located the javaloader.exe, copied it to c: and run it in dos but each time I try it I get "error: unable to open port" and no matter what I do, that's what I get. any ideas?

jrockett no está en línea BES Pro

Bri try different usb ports, make sure your not using an usb hub. I got mine to work from this issue once by trying different ports and repeatedly plugging/unplugging the BB. If not then you might have to replace the device. I had this exact problem with my first 8700c and ended up getting it replaced. :cry:
    Data Outages
    Reinstall OS
    Desktop/Device Page

Yes, I'm a BES admin with an iPhone 3G.

Follow me on Twitter!

I finally got it to work - what a royal PITA - all that work and I still have the IT policy on the phone - this is really aggravating and I think I'm a pretty knowledgable person.

ljbyar, thank you for the policy.bin edit and reg mod link - that fixed my issue.