Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I use my 8700c via company email and would like to add more contact information ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

stkelly8 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23DEE9B7

How do I add a signature on my emails?

Advertisement

I use my 8700c via company email and would like to add more contact information on my emails. Is there a way to edit what shows up at the bottom of my email?

Thanks,

Steve

glehman85 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID

Re: How do I add a signature on my emails?

well i know on BIS, you can go in your email settings and change your sig there, but im not sure about BES

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

stkelly8, Welcome to PinStack.

I believe it can be done on a BES also, but I don't know how to do it. You could create an autotext entry that you sign all your work correspondence with. I have several I use depending on what type of message it is. Easiest way to do it is to format it in a memo on your BB then Copy it and Paste it into a new autotext entry.

Hope this helps
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Hi kelly, welcome to pinstack. I was on BES for a while and I was able to go to my options and click signature. That will add a signature to the outgoing mail. Now that I am not on BES anymore I have lost that feature, and I dont quite remember where it was.

cizake no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    241C3C5B

Well I might sound stupid bu I cannot set up a signature on my T-Mobile 8700 for BIS...

Thanks.

csbrown no está en línea Stack level 1

stkelly8,

I am using a BB7130e but I'm thinking that it should be in the same place.
    -Go to your "messages"
    -Then Options
    -Email settings
    -Change "Use Auto Signature" from "yes" to "no"
    -type in your signature or if you already have it in your PC email, email it to your BB device and then copy and paste it.
    NOTE: you will not see your auto signature at the bottom of the message, this gets added only when you send the message. If you want to check it from time to time, email yourself from your BB.

Hope this helps, I am on BES and this has been working on my device.
    Take care
    csbrown

mrnoname no está en línea Stacker

Quote Originally Posted by cizake
    Well I might sound stupid bu I cannot set up a signature on my T-Mobile 8700 for BIS...

Thanks.

Log into your tmo account and go to set up email account. it will take you to the page you need. Then click edit. then add the signature you want and save. Thats it.

PIN/ID
    241C3C5B

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~when I follow thw tmo edit options I cannot edit signature. I see it but there is no action to edit it. Am I stupid??

PIN/ID
    23DEE9B7

Thanks for the help...but on the 8700c I don't have email settings...just email reconsiliation. Nothing in there about signature or auto signature.

Steve

PIN/ID
    23DEE9B7

Nope....no "signature" in my options on this 8700c. Thank you anyway for the help. If I figure it out....I will post it for everyone.

PIN/ID
    23DEE9B7

Looks like the only way to add a signature on my 8700c is to use auto text...found this in the "Tip" section and it seems to work great.....
    Use AutoText to help you compose messages with fewer key strokes: From the home screen, go to Options, then AutoText. A lot of AutoText entries have already been created for you. You can modify or delete existing entries, and even add your own. Entire boiler-plate responses can be entered here! Custom signatures, favorite quote/taglines, etc. can be stored, and then recalled in a message just by typing a few characters (that you specify) and pressing the space key. If you every want to use those exact characters in a message (i.e. not have the text you type replaced with an AutoText entry), you can simply hold down the CAP key as you press the space key. If you forget to do this (or maybe you just didn’t know there was an AutoText entry defined with those characters), you can hit backspace and this will ‘undo’ the AutoText expansion/replacement. Some of the stock AutoText entries rely on special macros (which you can also use in your own entries). Some of these macros are not available on all handhelds. See the ‘Composing a Message’ tips on down in the list for examples of stock AutoText entries that use these special macros.

PIN/ID
    241C3C5B

I am sorry to say that it didn't help.

Still looking how I can customize my signature on a t-mob 8700

mrnoname no está en línea Stacker

Quote Originally Posted by cizake
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~when I follow thw tmo edit options I cannot edit signature. I see it but there is no action to edit it. Am I stupid??

No you are not stupid! You bought a Blackberry didnt you?

When you click edit (on your bis account at tmo) did you see the white box at the bottom that says "sent from my blackberry wireless"?

Dlete that out of that box. Then add what you want to add and click save. It should fix you up.

And remember,

The only dumb question you can ask, is the one you didnt ask.

Let me know if you need more help.

PIN/ID
    241C3C5B

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~the text shown for the signature on my 8700 is not editable. I tried it all. This tmob signature is embedded on the bb. I think I have to flash my device or upgrade to 4.2. I currently run 4.1.

PIN/ID
    241C3C5B

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i might have said something stupid - 4.2 is not out ;(

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast