Unfortunately its sending me a SMS notification, which im sure is going to count against ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

tfc25 no está en línea Stack level 2

How do I get rid of the Voicemail SMS notification?

Advertisement

Unfortunately its sending me a SMS notification, which im sure is going to count against my text messages. How do I change this?

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Re: How do I get rid of the Voicemail SMS notification?

i think the issue is that the sms and voicemail alerts are one in the same...

are we sure about this? it goes into the SMS folder, so I hope that I dont get charged extra for these notifications. there has to be a way to stop it

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

what goes into your SMS folder? a text notification that you have a voicemail? if so, then i would call your carrier. i have never heard...

i do know that the alert for sms is the same as voicemail...but im speaking of audio.

mysmyrrh no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23e4456e

Quote Originally Posted by tfc25
    are we sure about this? it goes into the SMS folder, so I hope that I dont get charged extra for these notifications. there has to be a way to stop it
    what exactly does this "notification" say? If it's voicemail, it will say voicemail, but those you have to physically save yourself. If it says Please Call and then a number, it's because someone sent you an page, instead of leaving a voicemail.

when you say the sms notification is the same as voicemail... do you mean you get a message in your SMS folder which alerts you to a voicemail? thats what mine does. i just dont know if its a text or just that the notification just happens to go into that folder. my carrier is verizon

mysmyrrh no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23e4456e

Quote Originally Posted by tfc25
    when you say the sms notification is the same as voicemail... do you mean you get a message in your SMS folder which alerts you to a voicemail? thats what mine does. i just dont know if its a text or just that the notification just happens to go into that folder. my carrier is verizon
    My carrier is TMO, and the text notification for voicemail doesn't get saved unless I actually save it myself. If someone sends a page, it goes into my messages folder(i don't have separate folders, just one lump one.) As far as it being considered text or voicemail notification, that's something only your carrier can answer, as all carriers are different.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

With Sprint if you have a voicemail it will send you a notification to your inbox, if you use a different theme with an sms box it will go there. It WILL NOT count as a text message, it is just sms and voicemail was tied together by RIM, no idea why, so they sort of work together.

I dont know if you have Sprint...

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

If you carrier's voicemail system is sending you SMS notifications you won't get billed for them. You need to call your carrier to disable them if you don't want them.

Cingular properly supports the Message Waiting Indicator. Some TMO markets have converted to the newer voicemail system and are no longer using SMS notification. I'm not sure where TMO is in their upgrade process...

BoogieNYC no está en línea Stack level 2

As a VZW customer, I got irritated enough about receiving texts alerting me to new voicemails that I called and spent 25 minutes on the phone trying to get it resolved. According to their people -- customer service, data tech, general tech support, etc. -- they have no way of preventing a customer from receiving an SMS indicating a new voicemail without deactivating said customer's ability to receive all SMS messages.

It's a load of crap and it's irritating, but it is what it 'tis.

floridadomer no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    317ce3cd
    I have Alltel and also have this issue which I find sooooo annoying.
    No one at Alltel can tell me how to disable this.
    I see this is about a year old so has anybody have any ideas now?
    I would LOVE to get rid of this!