I've seen some people talking about this @blackberry.net email address and I was wondering where ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

Webby no está en línea Stack level 3

How do I get a @blackberry.net email address?

Advertisement

I've seen some people talking about this @blackberry.net email address and I was wondering where can I get one and how much mailbox space they offer? Or am I confusing it with the @t-mobile.com address? Please help.

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

Re: How do I get a @blackberry.net email address?

If you have BIS with Tmo you should have signed up for the BIS email account which replaced the old tmail address... at least it did for me when I went from SK to BB. It will be at tmo.blackberry.net
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

I7oobie no está en línea Device Pro

I wonder if I have mine, I'm going to go check...

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ you can be on a BIS and not have an @blackberry.net email address. The web client is used to set up email accounts to your BlackBerry, and when you are a new user to BIS you are asked to create a user name and people think that is automatically your email address, at least that is the older version of BIS. The newer version you have to pick a user name for your @blackberry.net email address. So log into your webclient and create an email address for yourself. Hope this helps.

mrnoname no está en línea Stacker

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~So just what is the addy to this place Blackberry.net? Or is it Blackberry.net the addy? Im just a little confused here.

ted
    ted no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    N/A

Punched in Blackberry.net into my browser (pc) and it came up with the Blackberry home page (you know, the one they use to actually advertise the product...). I'm no pro, (god that sounds really dodgy!!) but I imagine there would be some way that the email address would be linked to it somehow. But then again I could be way off the mark....
    I have two very rare photographs. One is a picture of Houdini locking his keys in his car........

eatmypiano no está en línea BES Pro

blackberry.net belongs to RIM. The new BIS 2.0 sites for *some* carriers have domains of carrier.blackberry.net so if your carrier is using this option (and it is an option - the carrier has to request it's done this way) you can have a carrier.blackberry.net address. The only way you can have a name@blackberry.net address is to work for RIM :-) RIM also own myblackberry.com

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    You are obviously on tmobile. Go to t-mobile.com, log into your account. On the first screen that pops up, in the left hand column you will see "email". Click there and you will see set up email or set up blackberry email or something to that effect. You set it up there, and it will kind of be what you are looking for:
    Name@tmo.blackberry.net

Lewis no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    207BBC6D

In BIS 1.8 your logon name is your @carrier.BlackBerry.net email address.

But in BIS 2.0, your logon can be independent of your email address, and you don't even need to have an email address.

To distinguish which one you have: BIS 1.8 has an inbox and has yellow banner graphics at the top. BIS 2.0 has no emails in it at all, and is predominantly white.

BIS branded with your carrier is hosted by RIM.

Quick way is to google your carrier and BIS. Or just type it in, for Rogers, the URL is http://www.rogers.com/bis

Similar url's for other carriers may work (but I have only used Rogers, so that's the only one I know).

Lewis no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    207BBC6D

As well, depending on your carrier and OS, you will likely have an icon called "email settings" on your home screen. This will take you to the wap version of your BIS.

magellan0547 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    242E7D27

but you can't set up hotmail or at least i can't

Schufly no está en línea Stack level 3

each individual provider dispenses their own bb email addresses. I have 2. Schufly@tmo.blackberry.net and my work one, Andy.mylastname@sprint.blackberry.net. I don't know of any other way to get one, or any way to get more than one. Hot mail does work now too, with a 4.2 os anyway.
    Andy

lldru32 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask

you gotta have an Device to have an Blackberry Email... unless your RIMcorporate or something!

jirakob no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    204664BD

yes, the email address of every bb users is username@yourprovidername.blackberry.net

re. #12 hotmail is working with my bb.

Frendo no está en línea Stack level 1

There should be an option on the home screen saying set up e-mail account. When you go through the whole set up it will be: nameyouchose@tmo.blackberry.net

If you had a sidekick previously, this is the same concept as the nameyouchose@tmail.com