So, yeah. i was thinking my old Palm OS allowed me to edit data files ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

GeoMan no está en línea Stack level 2

How do I edit data files external to the 8700?

Advertisement

So, yeah. i was thinking my old Palm OS allowed me to edit data files like addresses, locations, etc. on the desktop computer and it would automatically load into the Palm. I can't seem to find the location of files anywhere either on the desktop or on the 8700. Well, i see the files on the BB, but they're in operating language code, it seems. I just think it's easier typing on a computer keyboard.

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Re: How do I edit data files external to the 8700?

Why are you trying to edit the files to do sorry. I don't quite understand.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

If you're trying to edit locations, addresses, phone numbers, etc of people in your address book, all you have to do is click on a contact's name and click Edit while in the address book.

GeoMan no está en línea Stack level 2

Yes, locations, addresses, etc......and they could be edited within the BB, but it would be much more convenient to access the file through my desktop, cut and paste things into there, or even type them, and then download them back to the BB. It's tedious typing on the BB, for me, anyway.

pentace no está en línea Stack level 3

~~Posted via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~~well the files are in you adress book in your MS outlook or whatever mail program you are using on your pc or if you are gonna do it in your BB like listed above by erica they are in your contacs book

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

The only other device that I know of that has a desktop interface similar to Outlook (without actually being in a corporate environment and having access to Outlook) on a PC is the Sidekick 2 which I never was able to synch. Another reason I gave it up.

Ruminator no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23d2215a

I think BBDM has a version of the Intellisync software that should let you synchronize information between Outlook (and maybe Outlook Express, perhaps others) and your BB. Intellisync will also work with other desktop software, at least in the versions I've seen. (Intellisync is a mature PC software).

I need to work with Wife's system to see how to get her up and running. I use Macs so am currently limited to the PocketMac application, which partially works. (See appropriate thread for McUser information.)

~~Posted via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~~

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Outlook.