I have read a lot of guides, like 600 posts and none could help me ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum
hourglass reboot loop
I have read a lot of guides, like 600 posts and none could help me maybe someone can advise me of something else.
What happen : 2 days ago i have my bb on my holster i was going to make a call for my surprise when i take my bb from the holster there was a spinning hourglass I though "maybe the phone reset itself " yeah indeed it did that, like a hundred times, i left the battery out for like hours put back in, nothing !!
what I did without luck:
-Download Jl_Cmder it said it can open the port.
-open desktop manager it connect with PIN and all
-open App loader it detect the phone and said usb:"bb pin" when click next it change to usbin unknown (something like that) continue the process when it get to 'reconnecting to JVM ' the phone start the reboot loop and the App Loader get me the error ' Unable to reconnect to the device during a multi-stage load operation'
- I try a lot of methods with battery, without battery timing like left the battery out and when it said USB:unknown put it back in
- left the battery out and in the stage of reconnecting to JVM put it back in
- Try to wipe the phone from the Jl_Cmder application and from dos with javaloader -u wipe and javaloader -usb wipe
the reboot loop is only with the battery in if i left the phone with usb only it said connect in DM but and it doesnt loop but it doesnt complete the OS reload in APP Loader either !!
the reboot timing when put the battery is red led 5 secs. screen off 10 secs. spinning hourglass 10 secs. loop all over again !!
*** the phone can connect with pin but I can seem to pass the reconnecting to JVM step in the App Loader. as soon as the process get to the initializing device it start the reboot !!
please help !!!!
It sounds like you have tried and read most of the conventional fixes. A few questions:
1. Have you installed a new device operating system on your desktop? Different than the one currently installed?
2. If yes, does Application Loader recognize this Operating System and promt you to install?
3. If yes, have you tried the "Do Not Back Up" option?
what you mean by a new device OS ? you mean if the handheld os i download its a different version from the one currently in the phone?
-i dont remember i think so
-the application loader recognized the os downloaded and prompt me to install
-dont see the 'Do not backup option ' anywhere
am using desktop manager 4.1 because i read somewhere here thats the one that work the best with this situation i have tried from 4.1 to 4.3
-maybe am lost in the point where i have to put the battery in even that i dont need to take out the battery for the phone to be recognized it get recognized with the battery in and out.
please help me
Well, lets start here.
You need to download and install on your desktop a version of the handheld software that is different then the one on your device now. If it is not from your carrier, you need to delete the vendor.xml file after it's on your desktop. Here is the latest OS for the 8700:
i have that one but it won let me install in the pc , I will try again it is the first one right ? the one that said
Software For BlackBerry 8700g(TM) BlackBerry Handheld Software v18.104.22.168 (Chinese)
Package Version: 22.214.171.124
- Applications: 126.96.36.199
- Software Platform: 188.8.131.52
- File name: 8700C_PBr4.2.1_rel192_PL184.108.40.206_A220.127.116.11_Hutchi son.exe
- File size: 73.36MB
Note: The Software Platform and Applications version numbers can be found under Options-About screen on the handheld.
That is correct. What do you mean "it wont let me install in the pc"? What did you try and what exactly happens?
i have already download the hutchison OS and when try to install it gave the error 'Error reading setup initialization file' but I am downloading the file again maybe it get corrupted.. i let you know
it was that the file was corrupted.
so i follow the instructions
-connect without battery
-when usbpin:unknow display press next
-next next, the advanced button have two options already mark and greyout i cant unmarked them
-press next and finish the process start
at what point I re-insert the battery ??
it is a good advice to reboot the pc after install the hutchinson software?
Not bad advice. And dont have any other programs running during the installation. Have you tried just installing the new software on the device with the battery in?
Did you remember to delete the vendor file after you installed the software on your desktop?
yep i delete the vendor file the only thing running is the browser
you mean run the desktop manager normally press app loader and the regular stuff ?
Have you tried just installing the new software on the device with the battery in?
yes i try that too when it get to the part of reconnecting to JVM it start to reboot .
let me restart the pc and try again.
another thing what good is loader /nojvm .if the loader anyway load and reload JVM ?
thanks a lot really to look into this !!!
Ok, try this.
After you reboot your desktop launch the App Loader and try a normal installation with the battery in, but this time select "do not back up" when prompted. Also it is normal for the device to reboot during the installation process - don't get impatient - only stop if it actually times out trying to reconnect.
If it fails post back as much detail as possible.
but i never get the 'do not backup' option and i never cancel the installation because it never get to much time until get to the reconnecting JVM part that when finish get me the multi-stage load error.
- I try running loader from the command prompt 'loader /nojvn ; nothing ' Unable to reconnect to the device during a multi-stage load operation' error !
- Run app loader from desktop manager directly the same error
i can pass the reconnecting to JVM stage
Ok, here is what RIM has to say about this. Are you using a fully charged battery and a good usb cable?
- Verify that the battery is inserted in the BlackBerry device.
- Verify that the battery is not faulty.
- Disable the Power Management option for the USB root hubs on the computer.
- If you are using a laptop computer, make sure the laptop is not connected to a docking station.
- Make sure the BlackBerry device is connected directly to the computer and not to a USB hub.
- Try disconnecting all other USB devices (e.g. camera) from the computer.
- Try connecting the BlackBerry device to another USB port on the computer.
- Disable any antivirus or firewall programs running on the computer. Enable the programs once a connection to the BlackBerry device is established.
ok i disconnect everything even the wireless usb mouse run DM, connect the phone with battery click next on usbin unknown , click next on software install , click finish. start to reboot on reconnecting to JVM when end that stage get 'multi-stage load operation error'
but i never get the 'Do not backup option' I am getting impatient really..
thanks god you are trying to help
but i really dont get it i wasnt even installing something when this happen in fact the one and only app I ever install was like 5 months ago and it was 'Autolock' so the reboot loop happen all of the sudden !!
Tags for this Thread