It appears that somebody decided to change the rules for Hotmail. I got a BB ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

dgrebin no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23F16E3F

Hotmail changes?

Advertisement

It appears that somebody decided to change the rules for Hotmail. I got a BB message at 5:55 AM yesterday that my Hotmail account is no longer accessible. It also locked me out of my Hotmail account. The password is no longer valid. I didn't have a secret question or alt email set-up so I can't even re-set the password. (it was a very old account) I did establish a new account and tried to re-establish the link - Hot mail is no longer supported? My provider is AT&T/Cingular. Any hope? More concerned about getting back into my Hotmail account. I'm not too optimistic...

Kilted Bradley no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Hotmail changes?

Hmm. Not sure what's up with your account. But, I was able to set up my hotmail account (also a VERY old one) with my handset. I'm with Sprint. But, I don't think that should matter too awful much.

gavinrice no está en línea Stack level 1

i saw a bit of "fine print" that the new Hotmail Live update isn't compatable with blackberry email forwarding. i've been sent emails/etc from hotmail wanting me to upgrade but i've been putting it off for obvious reasons, and so far everything is still working ok. my carrier is t-mobile, i don't know if they're the only ones with this bit of fine print. they sure do seem to be behind the curve alot...

trickynick no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    20D2CA11

never tried to setup hotmail on my bb but i just logged in to my hotmail account and i now have 5gb!!! hotmail has more space than gmail. When did this change?

aexl no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    302723e6

Hotmail is only availible on your blackberry if you upgrade to hotmail plus as of recently.
    It may help if you upgrade to Windows Live Mail though.

Kilted Bradley no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by aexl
    Hotmail is only availible on your blackberry if you upgrade to hotmail plus as of recently.
    It may help if you upgrade to Windows Live Mail though.
    Nope. There are still a number of people using the Free Hotmail with their BIS with no issues. I even added my old Free Hotmail to my BIS just to check and all went well. I took it back out as I don't use it. But, it did sync up just fine.

Aroc no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24431D74

I upgraded my old 1999 hotmail Plus account ($20/yr) to Hotmail Live Plus about three weeks ago (the new interface and new 4GB quota). It worked just as well with the old-plus as it does with the new Live-plus. I've been running about 3 weeks without a single issue. I am still getting emails all yesterday and this morning. No issues here.

So it isn't due an to system incompatibilities! Mine works just fine.
    Domino 6.5.6FP1 | BES 4.1.4

gavinrice no está en línea Stack level 1

good deal. i'll have to check out the tmo website again and try updating my hotmail to live... and cross my fingers. but first, i have yet to try out the 4.2 os, and first thing's first.