Is there any way to make the holster with my 8700 perform like it did ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

LiquidHonest no está en línea Stack level 1

Holster Question

Advertisement

Is there any way to make the holster with my 8700 perform like it did with my 7290? With my old one, anytime I put it in my OEM holster it would lock the BB so no buttons (including wheel on the side) would do anything until it came out of the holster. With the 8700, it'll lock it that way after it's been in the holster for a little bit, but then I have to hit choose "unlock" before it lets me use the device again.

Any ideas?

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

LiquidHonest no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Holster Question

Quote Originally Posted by cp6169
    So your 7290 would unlock when released from the holster?
    Yes, when it was holstered none of the buttons would work, which was great. But once you unholstered it, it was fully functional without having to hit any key.

Signal_Corp no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Holster Question

Quote Originally Posted by LiquidHonest
    Yes, when it was holstered none of the buttons would work, which was great. But once you unholstered it, it was fully functional without having to hit any key.
    Are you using an OEM holster with the 8700? If so it should have a little silver dot on the back of the holster that lines up with the spacebar of the BB when it is in it. It's a magnet that puts it into sleep mode and disables the keys. If you don't have the magnet you may end up with unwanted outbound calls.