Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Originally Posted by melissaox So I have been told. Basicly the battery has a certain ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

wibbly no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: High Capacity Battery

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by melissaox
    So I have been told. Basicly the battery has a certain number of charges, and it is better to let it run down completely and recharge it.
    Absolutely NOT. The BB uses a Lithium Ion technology battery. Unlike NiCd or NMiH batteries, these are best kept charged frequently in something you use all the time. Discharging them (when not required) actually REDUCES their service life. Basically just use your BB, and charge it when you get the opportunity. Don't worry about battery 'maintenance'. The only reason to discarge a lithium battery completely and deliberately is if the device it's used in can't work out how charged up the battery is (and gives a false reading). Then, discharging the battery can 'recalibrate' the battery meter in the device.

All this should equally apply to high capacity batteries too. In fact I've found having a high capacity battery in a pocket PC and topping it up whenever I have the opportunity seems to have given me a very long battery service life, perhaps because I'm even more so NOT discharging it so much before charging it again (10% or so)...

W

Toddboy71 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    T o' Bee

~~Posted via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~~i overpaid for my battery. A cheap place to buy OEM batteries is smartphonedepot.com. I found them after I bought mine from Nextel for like $35 less

Moonbaseone no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2039FE28
    I got the EX battery for my 8700c and I had(still have it even though I don't use it anymore) it for my 7520 with Nextel.I recemmond the EX battery, especially. For the 8700 to everyone. For me, even on days when I don't talk much, I am usually always going online and I LOVE not having to worry about charging the battery 2+ times a day.Now, even with heavy use, if I forget to charge my BB overnight, I'm usually good till I get home or get to my car charger.I think from now on, every BB I get, I will get the EX battery for it as well.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

I just ordered an extended battery/door kit for my 7105t yesterday. I will let you all know what I think of it. Here's the link to a post I wrote about SmartPhoneDepot where I got mine. http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ead.php?t=2049

I will be happy to finally break the endless cycle of charging every 2 days and changing batteries.

taeisme no está en línea Stack level 4

I got my extended battery and I really like it. I have to charge my bb once every 2 days, sometimes 3 depending on use. The only thing that I kind of don't like is that now my bb is kind of bulky. But it's awsome! I highly recommend it.

lovellbird no está en línea Stack level 3

~~Posted via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~~
    How much would the extended battery change the size of the BB? I just got a nice tight-fitting case for mine and was thinking about an extended battery before school starts this fall. But if it made it fatter, it probably wouldn't fit in the case.

What do you think?

Lovellbird

dwella no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2038FB36

It does increase the girth and if your case is tight fitting it probably won't work. When I ordered my case from fortte the asked which battery I would be so they could make it correctly.

d

I ordered an extended battery and was told it would fit my Fortte Open Face Case. I'll see what happens when it gets here.

dwella no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2038FB36

If you don't have leather on the sides it will fit with the elastic but on my sti case I wanted all leather.

d

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12