Hi all, I love this site for all the great info. I set up these ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

fuzzbutt no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    242da5e

Help with 8700c Lotus Notes Mail question

Advertisement

Hi all, I love this site for all the great info. I set up these things for my office yet I don't have one myself (go figure). The latest question that has come across my desk has me stumped. We have a BES and use Lotus Notes. Someone has found a note in the instruction book that says "save email for 30, 60, 90 days or forever" or something along those lines. Here are my questions. #1 does this mean ALL emails or can they specify just one? If that email is in a folder what happens to the folder? Lastly for your information, our Lotus does not delete ANY emails but you can set up the bb to reconcile with your thick client (desktop version) of Lotus to delete messages from your desktop and therefore they are only saved on the server. Any thoughts?

fuzz

miles_troope no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Help with 8700c Lotus Notes Mail question

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzbutt
    Hi all, I love this site for all the great info. I set up these things for my office yet I don't have one myself (go figure). The latest question that has come across my desk has me stumped. We have a BES and use Lotus Notes. Someone has found a note in the instruction book that says "save email for 30, 60, 90 days or forever" or something along those lines. Here are my questions. #1 does this mean ALL emails or can they specify just one? If that email is in a folder what happens to the folder? Lastly for your information, our Lotus does not delete ANY emails but you can set up the bb to reconcile with your thick client (desktop version) of Lotus to delete messages from your desktop and therefore they are only saved on the server. Any thoughts?

fuzz
    FYI, this setting is on the device under messages > menu > Options

This setting affects all email on the device, you cannot have it affect just one message. However i don't think it touches sms. This setting would apply to any mails in folders, but the folder would stay even if the mail inside it disapeared.

As far as I'm aware, if you set this setting to say 30 days, once that time is up the message disapears on the device, but that change doesn't reconcile with Notes. However i haven't tested this (you might want to).

Someone else might be able to clarify this foryou also. Any takers?
    Miles.

fuzzbutt no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    242da5e

Re: Help with 8700c Lotus Notes Mail question

Okay, thanks. I managed to put that in english for them to understand. (I find it funny when these questions come up and I'm looking around for a spare blackberry to try things out on. The users also find it funny that I don't have one.)