I have a 8703e on Verizon, and when I set my phone down (a couple ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

lindycu no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    319BDB8B

Help, Verizon 8703e resets often for no reason!

Advertisement

I have a 8703e on Verizon, and when I set my phone down (a couple inch drop, or it falls to the carpet, or even when I put the phone in the standard case, the phone will reset automatically. I can even press on the front and back (squeeze the device) and it will reset. I can't make it do it everytime, but I'm am not happy that my device is starting to act like a Treo!!! Anyone know how I can look at the log file to see if it is software related? Or is it a bad piece of hardware? I have the equipment protection plan (5.99/month), so should I just get a new device from Verizon? BTW - under the battery cover, the square is red, does that mean my device has gotten wet?Thanks for your help!

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6

Re: Help, Verizon 8703e resets often for no reason!

If the square underneath the battery in the backside of the phone is red, then yes your phone was exposed to some type of liquid. If it was, then I would recommend doing the insurance replacement or finding a local shop that can perform liquid damage repairs.

Zo.

li2327 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    30D2E555

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I'm not sure if the insurance plan covers water damage. Good luck with it either way!!

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6

If you have the Full Wireless Phone Protection through Verizon and not through a secondary provider, yes it does cover liquid damage but there is a deductible that has to be covered also.

Zo.

PIN/ID
    30D2E555

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I think the deductible is around $50.

PIN/ID
    319BDB8B

Is it for sure that water damage is causing my phone to reset on it's own? I know for a fact that device hasn't been in water, but my have gotten in high humidity or very cold facilities (for work) thanksm

PIN/ID
    30D2E555

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ It could also be an application that you may have installed or a recent os update with a bad file. I hope you get it fixed.

PIN/ID
    319BDB8B

Thanks for the info. My new phone comes Tuesday (still not sure how it ever got wet)...

But for what it is worth, I'm not going to do a backup/restore on the new device, I'll just reinstall all software from the OTA to be sure.

And another thing. I've loved Verizon until now. When I was on Sprint, the $5.99 insurance plan had the same coverage. Have a problem (incidental or accidental or warranty), take it to a store and get a new one. With Verizon, I had to call the "3rd party" insurance company. Great customer service from Verizon...(sarcastic)

PIN/ID
    30D2E555

Glad to hear you have a new one coming. I think I would be lost with my bb. It's a part of my make up.