I just got my 8700 and I don't have the Balckberry Browser! What am I ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

taeisme no está en línea Stack level 4

Help Please

Advertisement

I just got my 8700 and I don't have the Balckberry Browser! What am I to do?

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Re: Help Please

Take the battery out, wait a few minutes, put it back in. Then u have two choices here. First, you can go to Options>Advanced Options>Host Routing Table>Register Now (I would go with this option first). This re-registers your phone on your wireless network.

If that doesn't work, you can log onto your BlackBerry Web Clent from a pc and send a service book to your phone. Completing either option will resend the Browser, Set Up Internet Email and Download Fun icons to your phone.

jhatzis99 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23DA6BE4

1. If you just got the BB, ot could take up to 48 hours to activate fully.

2. Did you purchase a BB data plan from your service provider?

This happened to me. I did not even have the Cingular browser for more than 40 hours after I bought the BB and inserted the sim card. I also could not decide which data plan I wanted. When I finally decided, and updated my account, the Cingualr rep had me reboot the BB and then all the browsers appeared along with the email activation icon.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

I had the same thing happen to me also. When I got the 7105t I put in the SIM card that shipped with the phone instead of the SIM card that I took out of my Sidekick 2 and had temporarily sitting in my 7100t. Took me 2 days to realize all I had to do was move that SIM card to the phone.

pentace no está en línea Stack level 3

Check to see if you have the Browser config service book, and your carrier books... if you do then make sure its not hidden. If everything looks ok then you will have to reinstall the software. The original software in the 8700 had an install bug, they accidently subdirected the browser install file under help in the loader program, even know its not really located there, causeing the browser to never get installed. Orginally you owould have to go alter the ALX file to get the browser back on, but with the never version of the handheld software that should all be fixed, while your at it go into the blackberry.alx file and put you vendor code next to all the 8700 themes to unlock them all on your device

taeisme no está en línea Stack level 4

I am good to go! Thank you all that replied.