Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Hi Dave, welcome to pinstack. I wish I could help you, but unfortunately that is ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Re: Help needed with 8707 modem!!!

Advertisement

Hi Dave, welcome to pinstack. I wish I could help you, but unfortunately that is not my area of expertise. I will see what I can find out for you. Good luck.

ian_h no está en línea Stack level 1

Everything I have read says that BB will NOT provide dial-up connectivity via BT - unless you want to try a 3rd party tool (blueshark or something like that). It only works via USB by default.

franzvomsee no está en línea Stack level 1

Hi,
    I am new here. Found this forum through Google search. My problem was, that my new 8707v did not work as modem for my XP laptop. This thread here helped me. After several trys, I deinstalled all Blackberry software, also removed all related entries from registry. Then I used the script above with the latest desktop software 4.2 and it worked from the beginning!Thanks a lot!

Some details for Germany:
    - Vodafone phone support in Germany knows about the problem and provides instructions about the standard modem setup verbally only. It looks to me as if it is not complete, what they tell you. My request for sending the instructions through email or fax got denied. So better try the script above.
    - The correct modem initialization string for Vodafone users in Germany is (the semicolon at the end is important, don't omit it!) : "AT+CGDCONT=1,"IP","web.vodafone.de";

Cheers
    Franz

captainp no está en línea Stack level 1

the pdf worked like a charm for me - but no joy on BT - don't think its supported

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12