hey everyone, I had a problem with my BB and had to wipe it out ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

nmerchant no está en línea Stack level 1

Help needed: restore with .ipd file

Advertisement

hey everyone,

I had a problem with my BB and had to wipe it out and install a new OS all over again. After completing it I went to restore my info with the most recent .IPD file I had backed up my info on. When trying to restore it I get an error message saying: The file could not be opened. It does not appear to be a valid device database file.

I have a really old .ipd file that I did when I first got my bb, and that one works fine, but has not nearly the amount of info the new one does. I tried using ABC blackberry software (converter, merger, etc) none of them was able to open the .ipd file. Neither does word pad or notepad (workpad/notepad do open the older working, .ipd file).

Is there any way to fix a corrupt backup file? is there any other option available?

Please help, I dont have any of my contacts, files, programs, etc.

Thanks
    Last edited by cp6169; 08-04-2007 at 10:00 PM.

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

Re: Help needed: restore with .ipd file

Try an advanced restore. don't know if this will help it depends on when you get the error message. By the way welcome to the stacks. http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/searc...200%2043116989
    Last edited by Eddie_gauge; 08-04-2007 at 05:16 PM.

nmerchant no está en línea Stack level 1

Advanced restore was unsuccessful as well. The second U click and drag it into the left side the error msg comes up. I cant delete the file, rename it, or copy it onto another harddrive. Its like stuck on my desktop and I cannot open it or use it or delete it.

Anybody else know of any possible solutions? Maybe trying to use the file in safe mode? Or some other option? Thanks

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

I was thinking reboot your computer and try to rename it, even end the file with .idp to see if that helps. Let us know...