Hi Just got a 8700g to trial for customer. I have everything except mail replicated ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

philswift no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Help needed, I get error, 'message redirection to device disabled'

Advertisement

Hi

Just got a 8700g to trial for customer. I have everything except mail replicated from local PC Outlook as they have no server until tests are over. I cannot see how to get the mail from my Outlook mailbox into the BB. I get an error message when I open up Desktop Redirector
    'In cradle-message redirection to device disabled'.

The software I got on CD with the device was causing errors initially and it was crashing with a MS Visual C++ runtime error, 'abnormal programee termination'.

I downloaded new latest software for device from website and it worked much better except the mail synch.

Please help if you know how to cure this.

Many thanks

Phil

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Re: Help needed, I get error, 'message redirection to device disabled'

philswift, Welcome to PinStack.

You can not get mail from the outlook mail box using Desktop Manager, unless you are running the BES. You can try Setting up a BIS account to Poll the company Mail Server and send the email to the Blackberry. That is not a true test for BES as it is not instantaneous and does not reconcile totally with the server.. You could also set up a rule to forward the emails directly to the BB email address, but that still is not a true test for the latter reason.

I think you can get a free Single licence BES for this situation. Look for it on the BB website. It would allow you to have a realistic trial on one BB.

Hope this helps
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Hello philswift, welcome to pinstack.

tmonoober no está en línea Stack level 2

yes philswift you can get a one user bes from https : // www . blackberry . com / express u just need to put in the handheld pin to have them email you the one copy bes, then if you launch full bes you just need to purchase the subsequent liscences

Thanks guys, what a great community, I was struggling for ohurs before

I am home with Outlook installed on local, using VPN i get into corprate network, I can now replicate all Outllok data except mail. I BDR i get some info in Statistics so there is some element of connectivity. In Status in get 'In cradle-message redirection to device disabled'. It is not in its holster or 'cradle' at all. Where is the option to change the disability?

Quote Originally Posted by philswift
    I am home with Outlook installed on local, using VPN i get into corprate network, I can now replicate all Outllok data except mail. I BDR i get some info in Statistics so there is some element of connectivity. In Status in get 'In cradle-message redirection to device disabled'. It is not in its holster or 'cradle' at all. Where is the option to change the disability?

Why do I need a BES? I do not want to talk to an Enterprise Server but just synch from whatever local copy of Outlook I am using like the calender, tasks and contacts have successfully done already. Why do I need a BIS? Blackberry Internet Solutions is not what I need really as I just want to synch mail just after arriving at my desk (to upload offline content) and then just before I dash off (to synch any unread new mail that has come in). I do not wish to receive mail any other way at the moment. Any one got any ideas? plerase see post above for error message

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Phil, the only suggestion I have for you is to get a PDA.

Blackberry devices are not designed to do what you want. The Blackberry is designed for delivery of email over the data network. You can not "sync" email with a desktop email client using the desktop manager. It is designed to deliver your email to the BB from the email server when it comes in. That is the whole purpose of the Blackberry, to get email while you are away from your desktop.

Hope this helps.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles