hi! i set the automatic screen timeout to 10 sec and the screen doesn't turn ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

cheloo no está en línea Stack level 1

Lightbulb help! my screen doens't turn off

Advertisement

hi!

i set the automatic screen timeout to 10 sec and the screen doesn't turn off.
    i tryed restarting but still it doesn't work.
    sometimes it turns off, but turns on after 1/2 sec.

i would appreciate some help.

thank you!

Re: help! my screen doens't turn off

Quote Originally Posted by cheloo
    hi!

i set the automatic screen timeout to 10 sec and the screen doesn't turn off.
    i tryed restarting but still it doesn't work.
    sometimes it turns off, but turns on after 1/2 sec.

i would appreciate some help.

thank you!
    i assume, because of the forum you are posting in, that you have an 8700? If so, what may be happening is that an application that displays pictures is trying to run a screensaver. If you're running OS 4.2 it could be the OS itself, or it could be a third party application. I had the same problem when I first installed Ascendo Photos on a 7105t -- you just need to go to the applications "Options" area and disable the screensaver function.

If that's not the problem, then try a cold-boot: pull the battery out of the unit, count to 30, put it back in and allow the handheld to start up.

If that doesn't clear it up, then it's probably a ghost --

smedberry no está en línea Stack level 1

help! my screen turns off too quickly!

Opposite problem. BB 8700c. Got a user whose screen turns off after 3-4 seconds of no activity. I go in and change automatic backlight from on to off. Works right for a day or so. Starts turning off again. I go in and change automatic back light from off to on.(That's right, back the way it was.) Works right for a day or so. I'm thinking hardware prob. Anyone have experience?

cheloo no está en línea Stack level 1

thanks for the replies!!

i solved the problem
    yesterday,i installed a game i downloaded from this site. now i got home from work, uninstalled the application and finally it returned back to normal.

thanks again!!

robbham no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by cheloo
    thanks for the replies!!

i solved the problem
    yesterday,i installed a game i downloaded from this site. now i got home from work, uninstalled the application and finally it returned back to normal.

thanks again!!
    I had the same problem on a game. If I closed out on a transition part of the game (it was waiting on me to press enter). it would keep the backlight on. But once the next level started, I could leave (press red) and it would pause the game and turn the backlight off like normal. wierd.