Hello all, as you can see this is my first post. I wouldnt waste everyone ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

kublid no está en línea Stack level 2

HELP HELP HELP!! - Worth reading

Advertisement

Hello all, as you can see this is my first post. I wouldnt waste everyone time here if I hadnt exhausted every option possible first.....

Problem:

Everytime I recieve a voicemail, I get two notifications. I recieve both a voicemail icon AND a message in my messages that tells me I just recieved a voicemail. I dial 1 to listen to the voicemail and then delete it and I still have 1 new message in my inbox! I have to then go into my messages and actually open that message to get rid of the message icon?!?!?!?! This relly sucks seeing as I get tons of voicemails a day. I have spent over two hours on the phone with verizon and they have absolutley no idea!! I have hard rest my phone and it continues to happen right away! I have the call log set to NONE. I am completely perplexed.
    Phone info:
    8703e v4.1.0.344 Verizon

Anyone have ANY info??? Sorry if I left out any critical info. thanks in advance!!

paulsbb no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    242C46E0

Re: HELP HELP HELP!! - Worth reading

I had the same issue. It went away when I reloaded my handheld os. There is a thread around here for that.

likefre no está en línea Stack level 4

You should try calling verizon again, they should be able to disable the sms notification for voicemail from their end..let us know how it goes!
    BTW...Welcome!

nothing yet.. reloaded to newest verizon software.. same issue, now back online with support they said I'm not set-up to recieve sms notification.. AAAARRRRRGGGHHHHHH........

any ideas??

also,verizon reset my voicemail completely. deleted and i re set it up. still happening.... I'm going nuts here... I know someone out there can help... crossing my fingers for an answer in the morning...

bump

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

SMS notification of voicemail is handled by your carrier. You'll need to call them back and tell them that you're still getting the notifications. There's nothing you can do about it on your end as their voicemail system is sending out the notificiations.

well fter countless hours on the phone with tech support and hours of reading the forums, ive been told by Verizon, that it is what it is. It was confirmed by other 8703e users in tech support that the blackberry just reads and delivers the voicemail text msg that way. figured I would share this info so that others might save themselves the time of trying to solve an unsolvable problem. I glad i finally got a straight answer, but i am very perplexed that it is this way. It is so freaking annoying! Anyhow, happy to finally be a crackberry user.

Re: HELP HELP HELP!! - Worth reading - solved kind of

well fter countless hours on the phone with tech support and hours of reading the forums, ive been told by Verizon, that it is what it is. It was confirmed by other 8703e users in tech support that the blackberry just reads and delivers the voicemail text msg that way. figured I would share this info so that others might save themselves the time of trying to solve an unsolvable problem. I glad i finally got a straight answer, but i am very perplexed that it is this way. It is so freaking annoying! Anyhow, happy to finally be a crackberry user.

spit_fire no está en línea Stack level 1

I'm not sure if this is redundant or not but I've had sms issues with a verizon phone before, which was device related. Which sounds similar to the resolution of your issue. When the wireless carrier recieves an sms, it's dropped into an sms inbox for each phone, it then attempts to deliver the message at a polling or delivery interval, something like 10-60 seconds, at this point your phone recieves the message and displays the notifier, adds the message to the message list, and contacts the server to inform the server of successful delivery. If the server doesn't recieve the acknowledgement from the device, it belives the delivery failed and trys again.

I had an old windows phone that apparently had a bug, after a period of time(which varied from 1 day to 9 months) it would stop acknowledging the messages, and so I would get several thousand of the same message delivered to the device. The solution to this was several hours with verizon tech support who claim that I had never called them about this before until they transfered me to some magical tech who could view my support records, they would then replace the device with a new one.

I've had many VZW phones before and since that device before my company switched everyone over to T-Mobile, so it probably was a device bug, but it was probably the worst thing that has ever happened to any mobile phone I've ever had.

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~that is just Verizon trying to take advantage of its customers.Charging you with sms everytime you get a voice message. I don't know how can you get rid of it. If it keeps doing it, then I would just dump verizon and go somewhere else. Goodluck bud!

likefre no está en línea Stack level 4

I would keep calling, because this issue is known to be on the carriers side and many people have been succesful in having this option disabled by their carrier

team_mom no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID

For what it's worth, I also have Verizon and I noticed in my 8703e that if you go to the call log and hit the wheel, and click on options, then call logging you can change it to none or just missed calls for call log types in message list.

I have received voice mails and haven't been charged a fee for text messages or SMS.

Hope it helps