I recently upgraded from 7290 to 8700g but there is a major irritation: when I ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

jsunf1 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question help! gprs vs. GPRS

Advertisement

I recently upgraded from 7290 to 8700g but there is a major irritation: when I came out from a no-coverage area (like basement), 8700g will recover into gprs but not GPRS. I have to turn wireless off and back on manually in order to get GPRS. Is this what it supposed to be? (7290 does it automatically).

garran no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: help! gprs vs. GPRS

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

gprs means there is network coverage but you are not sufficiently connected to the network to access.

GRPS means you have successfully access the GPRS network.

Not sure if this answered your question but hopefully helped in some way.

JadedBerry no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    203B4165

It should do it automatically. Next time it happens try doing a hard reset, pull battery, wait 20-30 seconds, then put it back in. When I switched from my 7290 the first couple days I had same problem, did the battery pull and it fixed it.

Hope this works for you,
    Jade
    One out of every four Americans is suffering from some form of mental illness. Think of your three best friends. If they're okay, then it's you.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

jsunf1, Welcome to PinStack.

Jade has the standard first step in troubleshooting problems. Keep us informed about this problem.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

mrnoname no está en línea Stacker

Welcome to Pinstack.

NO -- hard reset (pull out battery and re-insert it) did not work. It went into "SOS" mode and couldn't come out from it by itself. So frustrating!

drjoshua no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    204073EE
    I have the same issue. I live in a non T-Mobile area, with horrible coverage by Highland Cellular. I do a battery pull about 4-5 times a day. Its really annoying... There seems to be no way to make it better, and, considering that I experience this most of the time, I am almost ready to ditch this blackberry internet plan. I got spoiled on the edge network before I moved to where I now live. I can't stand GPRS and I am really set off by gprs. Worry not jsnuf, you are not alone.

sn1p3r no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

jsunf I would suggest maybe calling your carrier and check with them if there is a problem with the device itself...

(1) I had already tried a new 8700g (2nd one) and it behaves exactly the same. So it does not look like a device issue.
    (2) I live at a place with excellent coverage with 5 bars all the time. It happens only when I enter into the basement parking and it switched into "SOS" then can't recover.

Any other suggestions?

Shadow Shots no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23CFAF4F

I have had that problem from time to time. I can see the tower from my house 2 mi away. If it happens more than 2x/wk I get on the horn to Cingular and go into my PITA mode until they get a tech all the way out here to tend to it. (and i usually get $10 knocked off my bill) Just a thought.

shafferds no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23d2a4fe

you can also try to pull the sim card and also try to have your carrier take your device off the network and put it back on.
    DO OR DO NOT THERE IS NO TRY

Problem solved. A new version of software (v4.1.0.351) fixed the problem. Thankds for all the helps.

lbibeau no está en línea Stack level 1

Im having this problem with the new 8830WE, i manually reset all the connections and it usually works (most of the time however it goes from GSM to GPRS) Now i have gprs coverage but cant get it to connect (GPRS). What can i do. I have 5 bars or -82db of connection. I need to understand why this keeps happening it is soooo frustrating