Hi Everyone, I must be doing something silly here. I have tried every which way ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

badgeros no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs down HELP!! Cannot load Themes 8707G

Advertisement

Hi Everyone,

I must be doing something silly here.

I have tried every which way to load themes onto my 8707G using desktop manager. Everything starts out fine, I can locate and add my .ALX theme files. Once I continue the software loads and the device resets. PROBLEM IS it just keep resetting over and over again.

The only way to stop it is to reconnect to the desktop manager's app loader and reinstall all programs (EXCEPT the THEME) and then no problem up she fires.

I have tried many different theme's with same result. I am computer literate and just cannot work this out. I have also tried installing Plazmic theme reader OTA which installs fine OTA. But again no go with using the desktop software to install the theme.

Any help appreciated.

Badgeros.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Re: HELP!! Cannot load Themes 8707G

Quote Originally Posted by badgeros View Post
    Hi Everyone,

I must be doing something silly here.

I have tried every which way to load themes onto my 8707G using desktop manager. Everything starts out fine, I can locate and add my .ALX theme files. Once I continue the software loads and the device resets. PROBLEM IS it just keep resetting over and over again.

The only way to stop it is to reconnect to the desktop manager's app loader and reinstall all programs (EXCEPT the THEME) and then no problem up she fires.

I have tried many different theme's with same result. I am computer literate and just cannot work this out. I have also tried installing Plazmic theme reader OTA which installs fine OTA. But again no go with using the desktop software to install the theme.

Any help appreciated.

Badgeros.

what OS are you running on the device? options/about -- third line down.

if you are attempting to load 8700 themes MADE for 4.2 OS and you are using 4.1, that is exactly what will happen.

have you tried the themes in this thread?
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...00_themes.html
    or this one for OTA
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...downloads.html

badgeros no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: HELP!! Cannot load Themes 8707G

You are spot on!!! I am running the wrong version on the device. Downloaded the latest desktop software and just presumed that it would update the device. Will try now to update the device using handheld software. Thanks so much.

B