Made a poor choice of messenger software to load on my 8707g last night and ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

Gazamataz no está en línea Stack level 1

Help ! BlackBerry Down

Advertisement

Made a poor choice of messenger software to load on my 8707g last night and my BB has been down ever since. Used Desktop Manager to load the app (Implus) and seemed successful. When BB rebooted, it went to a white screen (of death) with small text in the middle "data abor..." and "Reset" below that. The Reset text seems to be highlighted and when you click the track wheel, the BB does a reboot..... back to the same screen. I have read many hard reset threads on these and other pages and tried everything, but nothing gets rid of this reset loop. Can't reconnect to Desktop Manager any more either, as the BB is not recognised as connected to the PC. Taking the battery out makes no difference. Any ideas?

Gaz

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Re: Help ! BlackBerry Down

Gaz, this should help you through this issue: http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...uter_wont.html. Let us know how you make out. Welcome to the Stacks.

Thanks ljbyar !

I am sure this will be the "hard reset" process to get my BB back running. I am a tad disappointed that there is no hard reset button hidden under the battery cover that takes you back to OS only and factory defaults. Not sure exactly what software is installed, as my employer runs their own BB server. Will need to wait until Monday to talk to our local BB guy and make sure I get the right OS.

Thanks again for your help.

Gaz

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Gaz, is this your BB or your company's? The link I gave you will work you through the process of reloading your OS to clear up the issue. Have you done a recent backup?

ljbyr, I have a company BB that replicates my desktop Lotus Notes email, calendar and contacts. I never backup my BB because it is only a replica of what is on my desktop PC and the corporate Notes server. I have a support call logged with our company help desk that I will follow-up Monday morning. As mentioned, I am unsure exactly what OS software is running on my BB to support corporate communications, so I need to confirm and get a copy before I start any reinstall process.

Thanks again for your help.
    Gaz

I'm Back !!

OS reinstalled and Lotus Notes set-up again on my BB. Life is good again. Needed to get my company helpdesk guy to do this as software and settings are corporate and I dont have them locally. Notwithstanding, from info provided via this site, I now know how it all works and how to restore next time, provided I have the OS software on my PC.

BTW, this all started when I tried to install the wrong version of IM+ to enable MSN chat via my BB. Does anybody out there have experience (good or bad) with IM+ or other software for MSN chat? This is till something I want to do, but a tad gun-shy after this unfortunate experience :-(

Thanks again.

Gaz

abaqueen no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    PMme4it

Gaz,

Glad to hear you are all set.

Angie
    AngieB
    Pin:PMme4it