My first BB (8100) is toast, and I am dying without it. I need a ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

salscott no está en línea Stack level 2

Help a Brother out

Advertisement

My first BB (8100) is toast, and I am dying without it. I need a cheap replacement and see many 8700's on Ebay very cheap.
    I can live without the camera and I don't need to store my music on it....I use my Ipod.
    I have to be able to open .wav files, as my work voicemail is forwarded to my email and this enables me to open them via BB. I have heard that the 8700 doesn't have a media player application, is this old info or has it been updated now?
    Any other feedback on the 8700 vs my old Pearl is appreciated.
    Thanks.

markgallant no está en línea Stack level 3
    As long as when you get it you install the newest 4.2 software available for it you will be fine. The newer software does have the media application on it even for the 8700

Cooper_Lang no está en línea Stack level 2
    The 8700 will work fine for your intended purposes (with OS 4.2 or greater).

Using the full keyboard will be a bit of a switch from the text input of the Pearl, but it is nothing you won't get used to.

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    I buy and sell a lot of 8700s on ebay, you can find a good unit with minimal wear for $75-good luck!