Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hi all...first post! So I go to use my BB 8700G today, and it had ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

Robbdizzle no está en línea Stack level 1

Help! 8700G mysteriously frozen/dead!

Advertisement

Hi all...first post! So I go to use my BB 8700G today, and it had the red service indicator and a blank white screen. OK, I think to myself, it's rebooting and will be good to go in a minute or so. After about 3 minutes of this, I decide to do a hard reboot, so I pull the battery and reinstall it. Now all I get is the red indicator for about 5 seconds (screen stays off) and then it goes out...then nothing! All of my contacts/messages/etc are on there, and I haven't synced with outlook in like a month...(I know I know I'm an idiot...) Anyone know what's happening or how to fix it? Or at least a way to recover my data onto Outlook? Help!

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID

Re: Help! 8700G mysteriously frozen/dead!

Download the JC Commander and wipe the device and reload the latest OS....that's the best advice I can give ya. Sorry. You might wanna wait for the other more experianced people.
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

frogger no está en línea Stack level 1

If it stays stuck, pull the battery for a minute and put it back. That happens to mine sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by frogger View Post
    If it stays stuck, pull the battery for a minute and put it back. That happens to mine sometimes.
    That's what I did when I tried to hard reboot it, no effect. Screen off, red light for 5 seconds, then nothing.

Anyone know how I might go about recovering my data?

rawleys08 no está en línea Stack level 1

I am havng the same problem with my 8700c.....if it turns on I get the hourglass for about 1/2 a second then it goes black and the red light blinks. Ive tried reloading the OS and all that, but it doesnt recognize it and the computer cannot connect to the device. Is the phone done for?? Should I jsut return it and get a new one?

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

~A BlackBerry without a data plan is just a berry without the crack.~
    Links to common questions.

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by rawleys08 View Post
    I am havng the same problem with my 8700c.....if it turns on I get the hourglass for about 1/2 a second then it goes black and the red light blinks. Ive tried reloading the OS and all that, but it doesnt recognize it and the computer cannot connect to the device. Is the phone done for?? Should I jsut return it and get a new one?
    Try this thread and it should get you back to good. Make sure that you follow the instructions to the T. Timing on replacing the battery is crucial and remember... patience is key. Hope it helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Robbdizzle View Post
    That's what I did when I tried to hard reboot it, no effect. Screen off, red light for 5 seconds, then nothing.

Anyone know how I might go about recovering my data?
    You can try to reload the OS vai the link in my previous post and it may ask you if you would like to auto backup and restore. If not i am afraid without the ability to power on the phone there is no way to back it up. Hope it helps.

I'm failing at step 2 because I don't have the handheld software...where do I get it? from RIM's website?

I'm failing at step 2 because I don't have the handheld software...where do I get it? from RIM's website?
    Get it from your carriers website. Or you can get it from here .

KDAG no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by ItsNowOrNever View Post
    Download the JC Commander and wipe the device and reload the latest OS....that's the best advice I can give ya. Sorry. You might wanna wait for the other more experianced people.

how can i get the JC commander

Update: I did the OS reload. Now the phone powers on, but all I get is a blank white screen and a lit keyboard, nothing else. It responds to the power switch (dim/bright/off) but not the trackwheel/back button/enter button/etc. What should I do?

Jamon Jack no está en línea Stack level 1

I downlaoded the media player from this website and then my bb went frozen. Red light then hour glass. No hard reboot worked. Please help

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Start by this, Check out the revelavant links on the BB FAQ & Guides page for where to get the latest OS for your carrier/device and how to update it. The specific ones you will want are BlackBerry Desktop and Device Software Download Sites and How to: OS 4.x Upgrade for your Blackberry.

Then if that doesn't work try this, KB03485 - Run Application Loader when the BlackBerry device does not connect

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

Update: I did the OS reload. Now the phone powers on, but all I get is a blank white screen and a lit keyboard, nothing else. It responds to the power switch (dim/bright/off) but not the trackwheel/back button/enter button/etc. What should I do?
    I would try again. Often when i bring the devices "back from the dead" it will often not work fully the first time. It will come up to a jvm error, or a blank screen, or the 507 error. Try reloading again and usually that works for me.Hope it helps.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast