My blackberry looses its service very easily. My buddy gave it to me, was using ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

biggbee87 no está en línea Stack level 1

HELP 8700 ATT Low Reception

Advertisement

My blackberry looses its service very easily. My buddy gave it to me, was using it and it worked fine for him. I use it and I get 2 bars at most in the best of areas.

My sim card is fine I used it for the att tilt without a hitch. I wanted to try blackberry before I made the permanent switch. I changed my data package, and everything with att. Troubleshoot with them for 4 hours last night to no avail!!!!

ANY SUGGESTIONS. I PLAN TO GET A NEW SIM TONIGHT ON MY WAY HOME FROM WORK.

jkai2188 no está en línea Stack level 5
    a new sim is usually the answer... sometimes it gets burned up swapping devices... i have people coming in al the time whe the put their sim in an iphone and it doesnt work properly or even any other device.. that should be the fix for it

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Nope didn't work so I just tried javaloader and completely wiped my device then I used the DM to reload the OS hopefully It will correct the glitch.

Okay so after all of that I still have terrible service... But what I don't understand is how the phone previously worked perfectly and now I cannot get signal!!!

This is so frustrating and as much as I hate it its time to go back to the tilt!

smcnet2002 no está en línea Stack level 1
    If possible ... can you head to an ATT store and checkout the signal strength when compared with other 8700 BBs in the store.... they may not have an active 8700 so you may need to compare with a "like" device.

jkai2188 no está en línea Stack level 5
    thats odd though.... maybe the phone is having issues, but i can assure you its not all blackberrys.... try the bold when it comes out...you wont be disappointed

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Thanks for your help, at the end of the day I decided to throw the blackberry against the pavement. I cracked the screen and feel at peace with the world!!! Screw blackberry for now!

Thanks for your time,

Bryant "Smashing Berries" James