Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hello everyone i am a new user i just got my first blackberry at 4:30 ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

Purplelighting no está en línea Stack level 2

hello new user

Advertisement

Hello everyone i am a new user i just got my first blackberry at 4:30 and have been on the phone with cingular/At&t for 5 hours even though i am glad i bought this thing its great i still haven't figured everything out yet but i will get there i finally figured out the blackberry email stuff..

i need to figure out one thing though download ring tones when i hit the link for the rink tones on the browser page it just comes right back to the same page hummm is it the user or the internet dunno.

well i like this thing a lot i used to have a moto v557 flip to a 8700c blackberry night and day. the text messaging stuff is harder cause you cant text you have to email it.. somepeople i know dont have a BB then what text it to my BB account i hope that works but i cant figure out how to email/ text things to a regular cell phone. probly the smartest thing to do is get on a plane fly to FL and have my Cuz figure this thing out

CAUTION USER OF THIS BLACKBERRY HAS NO IDEA WHAT HE IS DOING LOL
    Last edited by cp6169; 09-14-2007 at 12:29 AM.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Re: hello new user

Id be happy to figure this out for you... hint hint hint.

Thanks for joining cuz.

Anyways, as for the ringtones, what format are you trying to download, and from where.

Try here for tons of ringtones... http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com..._websites.html.

Or even the multimedia forum... http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ultimedia.html.

When you hit the ringtone from the BB it should open in the media player, then you can save it to your phone. Make sure to use mp3, thats the best for your BB.

As for text, this may have to be a question for users with the same carrier as you. Can you text without a plan, pay as you go? Im not sure, but you should be able to get something going.
    Last edited by cp6169; 09-14-2007 at 12:34 AM.

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask

Why can't you text? If you have a "data plan", you can text (SMS).
    New User? - Read the NEW USERS GUIDE

snoweey no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23f389df

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~yes but unless you got a txt package its 15 cents a mesaage. Good news is its only 10 bucks more for 1500 or 20 for unlimited. Well some may think that's expensive but I don't

As Far As The Texting Goes I Think Iwas Just Doing It Wrong I Didnt Understand What Sms Ment Put After I Got It Fixed I Tryed Texting/sms My Wifes Phone That Is Not A Bb And It Said That It Went Through And Its Been Two Hours And No Text From My Phone And
    I Text My Phone From My Wifes And It Didnt Go Through
    My Cuz Text Me From His Phone And It Goes Through

Yeah He Knows What He Is Doing Lol

And Yes I Have A Data Plan On Both Phones

PIN/ID
    Just Ask

Well SMS is SMS, it shouldn't matter what phone sends it, whether it's a BB or not. Your SMS address is your phone number converted to an email address, same as everyone's SMS. Did it show a little "D" on the check mark of your sent SMS message?

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Do you have a text plan? I hope you are going to be charged for all those sent and received.

No It Didnt

Yes I Have A Text Plan On My Phone Is Unlimited And The Wifes Well Not That Many 1200 Only

PIN/ID
    Just Ask

If it didn't show the "D", it wasn't actually delivered to that user.

Sorry No It Didnt Show A D On The Check Mark Just A Check Mark

Hummm I Hope That Isnt Going To Cost Me More Money I Already Pay 40 For For My Data Plan With Unlimited Texting And Email And All The Good Stuff And Hers I Pay 15 For 1200 Texts Wait I Am Getting Robbed Look Its 10 Cent Per Text I Should Have Pay As You Go On Her Line

Also I Was Looking At The Mail That I Sent My Cuz And All That It Shows Is A Open Letter That It Was Mailed And All The Texts That I Sent Her Its Just A Check Mark

PIN/ID
    Just Ask

The open letters will remain that way. If those didn't go through, you would get a red X, SMS will give you the check mark w/ a "D" above it if it is successfully delivered to the recipient.

The only thing I would question with you is if you do actually have a "Blackberry Data Plan". If you are only paying $40 a month for your service, I would seriously doubt that would include the BB Data Plan. My plan w/ Alltel, Cellular service, BB Data Plan, and unlimited messaging is $120 a month and that is on a business account so only paying $40 a month would make me skeptical in thinking you had a true BB Data Plan.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast