Dropped my first blackberry a 7290 into the saltwater creek while fishing. Wasn't quite eligible ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

mkestotz no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23C56995

Smile Has anyone else had this issue with email setup?

Advertisement

Dropped my first blackberry a 7290 into the saltwater creek while fishing. Wasn't quite eligible for the upgrade price, so I found a real good deal on a 8700c. It shipped quick, it's in great shape, love it. One problem when I try to set up the personal email it says the pin # is already being used, and I can't get any further. AT&T tells me to get a hold of the company I purchased the phone. I've emailed mailed them twice the last 2 days, at this time I have still yet to receive a reply. I have done a hard and soft resets, but to no avail. Seems like AT&T could do something on their end, It's their server where the info is correct?
    Miketastic

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

Re: Has anyone else had this issue with email setup?

Nope! Common problem. You have to contact the person you purchased the device from and ask them to contact their old provider and get the PIN released.

Email is bound to the device's PIN, and only the PIN's "owner" can change it.
    JerryD