I'm looking for a hard reset on the 8700c bbs? Any clue where these things ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

fuzzbutt no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    242da5e

hard reset for 8700c?

Advertisement

I'm looking for a hard reset on the 8700c bbs? Any clue where these things are? I work with resetting these for people at my job all day and in one day have had 2 of them cop out on me while doing a memory wipe, a hard reset would have been nice to find. Help!

Carrie

bartokbatt no está en línea Stack level 4

Re: hard reset for 8700c?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~There's Alt-Cap-Del which will do a reboot. Hope this helps.

jrockett no está en línea BES Pro

By hard reset I assume you want to wipe it and start over fresh? You can wipe the hand held. These don't have a reset button like the older models do. You do this by going into Options > Security Options > General Settings> Press trackwheel in and select Wipe Handheld. That will take everything back to factory defaults. OR you can do a wipe through desktop manager via the app loader. Whichever you choose make sure you backup everything. GL.

fuzzbutt no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    242da5e

Yeah, neither of these will work since they were stuck in the hourglass mode. I guess I'm lucky I can just order new ones on the company dime, but the more I work with these the more I think there is no way in hades I'm getting one for myself, EVER!

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157

You can wipe and reload pretty easily using the javaloader and handheld OS loaded on your PC. I can hard wipe a phone in minutes.

If you have javaloader, plug in the phone, drop to a DOS prompt and find the javaloader application. type javaloader -usb wipe
    the phone is wiped in about 5 seconds.

close the DOS window and connect the phone and run the Device Manager. If you already have the OS software loaded, and asuming you deleted the vendor.xml file, open the application manager, you should be prompted to upgrade the device OS.

With a normal BB I can do this in about 10-15 minutes, that's from a wonky BB to a completely flashed device.

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzbutt
    Yeah, neither of these will work since they were stuck in the hourglass mode. I guess I'm lucky I can just order new ones on the company dime, but the more I work with these the more I think there is no way in hades I'm getting one for myself, EVER!
    You should try supporting WM or Palm devices. We have hundreds of deployed BB's on multiple carriers and little to no problems with them. It sounds like you just really need better familiarity with them which will come in time...

Note that a hard reset on a BB isn't the same as it is on other devices. A hard reset is either a battery pull or Alt-Right Shift-Del twice and it does not affect data stored on the device. It's generally better to perform a battery pull as there are cases where the three key salute won't do the trick but the battery pull will.

A soft reset is Alt-Right Shift-Del once.

A device wipe (which is what usually happens on hard resets with other devices) is entirely separate from a hard reset and is initiated via Security Options.
    Last edited by takeshi; 06-06-2007 at 11:17 AM.